Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by taxyse, Jul 6, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

nice post...iL add soon :) but i guess u've covered many i would have suggested already

repssss4u
    tahda!!

3. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

good ones for beginers taxy....

here's one from me:

ALWAYS BE A CRITIC...NO MATTER IF THE PUBLIC PRAISES YOU>>YOU MUST KNOW YOUR FAULTS AND CRITISIZE THEM YOURSELF(nobody's perfect)...AND THIS REALLY HELPS TO IMPROVE!!!

4. Famio

Famio New Member

hey guys, to become a good guitarist, what do you suggest are the most important things in theory ? i mean what are the areas that should be covered like scales, notes etc ?

i've heard most hard rock guitarists have dont have a very good understanding of theory, like Slash is mostly self-taught and doesnt have a good understanding of theory, and yeah, the other day i was watching an interview of Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden, so the interviewer asks him some warm-up exercise, and Adrian starts playing the 1-2-3-4 on-each-string-exercise, so the interviewer tells him "thats the chromatic scale", and he goes " is that what it is ? oh im sorry", so you guys know what im talking about ?

5. Famio

Famio New Member

thanx taxyse, that helped somewhat

6. aleric

aleric New Member

Good post taxyse...Reps coming your way.

:rock:

7. astroguru26

astroguru26 New Member

be committed in what you do.....its secret only and never lose your patience...just feel like love, in love you stand for many hours to see your dreamgirl..........same way practice patience....love to practice u never feel shy to practice.....everyone has started from scratch....................and never feel shy to sing vocally...........

8. mnmussu

mnmussu New Member

i m new qith guitar n i want help from any guitarist...

hi!...my name is MnMussu (just a nick) i m new with guitars ...i want help....from guitarists :help: so...if any guitarist who know the chords/tabs of paki n idian songs (like agar main kahoon...) so plz contact me.....@ mnm_must420@hotmail.com

9. kamal_007

kamal_007 New Member

i would like to add somthin. dont ever hear music. always LISTEN to it. that'll help u improv. dont take things 4 granted. always understand things. always try to think of some technique (ready mentioned by sombdy) which will help u change chords bit fastr & stuff like that. most imp HAVE LOTS OF PATIENCE. this is my personal exp. i was fed up with chromatics but than i controlled myself and convinced nothin is imposs. i had patience and now m good with fingering.

lastly DONT just play ur guitar. u play it DIL SE and then see the difference. for chords also, normally ppl(like me) face probs like changing chords, keeping rhythm, and to sing simultaneously. but u'll find it better and comfortable when u play it with ur heart. just dont think of anything and all will go smoothly. obviously it'll take little time but u'll b thru. AND PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE. do what u feel hard. do what u cant do properly. practise it & u'll do it. love ur guitar & NEVER try to imitate or copy any1. b urself. thats the attitude of a guitarist.

i'd like to thank the person who started this thread. its really helpfull. THANK U.

10. manishjhumroo

manishjhumroo New Member

thank u from begginer theory is alos important theory naheen pata hogi chord ke naam naheen pata honge to kya jhak marega guitar main banda .good post thank u mansh