Guitar Technique Books!

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by amithkallupalam, Dec 22, 2011.

1. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Hey!
    Does anybody know of any good guitar books under 500 bucks that cover almost all the guitar techniques and chords and scales etc etc? Now, I dont need all the scales. All the main ones like major minor pentatonic dorian etc. And all the chords? I need on thats why! Thanks!

2. wylder

wylder Member

Does 'for free' count in 'under 500 bucks'?

I'm not sure about your level of confidence on the neck and hopefully you are looking at electric rock guitar. But since you specified guitar technique, I presume you are looking beyond the basics. Anyhow, here are some books that I found useful...

Troy Stetina - Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar
    John Petrucci's Wild Stringdom
    Guitar Gym - 20 part guitar course from Guitar Techniques magazine
    Guthrie Govan - Creative Guitar

You could get these for free if you on a search for the above with a certain keyword at the end, if you know what I mean...

3. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

u can download lick library lessons
    from torrentz.eu
    if u have an unlimited download plan

4. sudarshan89

sudarshan89 New Member

well its difficult to get a book that contains all that and is less than 500 bucks unless you get it secind hand.. but a reasonably good book for 900bucks is electric guitar for dummies. Great book covers all the things you want. In a systematic and logical manner, you could also try music theory for dummies for the theory stuff. Don't let the for dummies put you off its a great place to start from. you can get these books at flipkart.com btw.

5. guitarplayer729

whats with the zakk wylde avatar

6. wylder

wylder Member

Yes, I am guilty of idolatry :)

7. guitarplayer729

am sorry
    but i dont understand what u write
    and what about the dd20

8. wylder

wylder Member

Sorry, just meant that ZW is an idol of mine.

The DD20 was a bit too complicated for my use. Also its size is a bit too big. I think I'll go for a DD-7 now...