guitar students of shankuda

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by tanmoy, Aug 17, 2006.

1. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

hi friends i invite all the students of the great shankuda (parthoda)
    I was also his student but due to inevitable reasons i had to discontinue.would you like to share your experience of the gr8 man ? :welcomean :band:

2. Strat

Strat Floydian

Where does he live, may I ask?

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Which Partho da?? Fossils er?? :think:

4. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

no he doesn't play with any band.
    and he lives in khardaha. if you are well versed with current bengli professional music scenario , then you must have heard his name

5. Strat

Strat Floydian

Ah, he is a balding guy with a mole on his forehead, right? He plays an Ibanez RG. Yep I've heard of him... he's a multi-instrumentalist and he teaches stave notations from the very beginning I've heard.
    They say he's an awesome teacher.

6. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

yeah you have heard of the right one.:aggre:
    and the description of this great man is incomplete until you hear him playing.
    i remember one fine morning he played the "bheegi bheegi" with an acoustic guitar ;that too having problems with the trash rod; and I know you'll never believe me; it was even better than the live performnce of James himself.
    And secondly; if you have the luck to hear shankuda playing pure indian classical music on an acoustic guitar i can bet bucks that you can never guess what instrument he is playing.In a word; He is a subdued magician
    :rock:

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^n' y do ya make double posts?? :think:
    n' wot on earth is a "Trash Rod"??

8. Strat

Strat Floydian

C'mon, ya know he means the 'truss rod'.

Actually I heard him playing. I have a number of friends who are/were his students. He was there in one of my friends house and he played some great music with my friend's electric. Can't remember now... but he played a lot of Santana and said he's his favorite guitarist as far as I can recall.

How long have you been going to him?

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^I wanted to hear dat from him :grin: :p:

10. tanmoy

tanmoy New Member

sorry sugata, ami 'truss rod'-er spelling juntum na. aar ami Shankudar kaache jacchi since 2004 october.last 3 din aami ISI-te chilam na,tai aami reply korte pari ni.and thanxxx strat for giving me the correct spelling.by the way, do you know; shankuda is going to Italy to perform !:p: