Guitar & Smoking

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sixstringsin, Sep 30, 2005.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Neither one is a pre-requisite for the other. I dont smoke, my friend here plays in the gospel choir and in a band, he doesnt smoke. tejas doesnt smoke(? or does he? lol) There's no such relationship. Unclear correlation.

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

not unclear but stupid corelation

okie to the one who started this thread if u smoke i would like to hear ur guitaring to c if really that helps n if u playu well i would like some scientific approach to how U think smoking helps in guitaring :cool:

thats a stupid correlation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p: :p:

crap thread!! :p:

3. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

Hmmm I don't smoke too and I am proud of it :cool: :)

4. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

.:SpY_GaMe:eek:kie to the one who started this thread if u smoke i would like to hear ur
    guitaring to c if really that helps n if u playu well i would like some scientific approach to how U think smoking helps in guitaring"

Lol .. no smoking does not help *anyways* .. I also think (actually realize) its very uncool :(
    Once upon a time ..Back in the innocent days :p I used to sing very well (before I started smokin..sm 5yrs back!) ...but now I find it very difficult to sing the same songs and tend to grasp for breath ..COUGH cOuGh COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH ....!!!!

5. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

combination of guitar .. ciggarette.. beer .. and frnds.. wat else anyone wants in life..

6. Cherene

Cherene New Member

I don't think it has anything to do with playing guitar. More of an outside influences, usually stress. We all have our bad habits, what can you do?

7. $cReWdR!veR

$cReWdR!veR .:: Sweetheart ::.

crap thread.....smokn n playin guitar....totally unrelated

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

its those damn rock stars
    u see slash playing the guitar with a stick on his lips and he looks cool
    who can blame us
    maybe we need to star a poll to see how many guitarists here smokes

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I quite agree, stupid correlation

10. kl12

kl12 (Ghost Note)

i do........but smooking sucks......dont know how to quit...

11. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

man, quitting smoking is easy. i so it every day. ;)

12. abhinavdeshwal

abhinavdeshwal New Member

dat means .. ahell lot of friction on ur fretboard.. get a new guitar man.. bsh (bahut saari hasi)

13. abhinavdeshwal

abhinavdeshwal New Member

its a ****in trend dat ha strted...

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i used to smoke but now i have quit..

15. Jittus

Jittus New Member

:)

ws curious abt smoking @ 15 or sumfin.. i tried then.. just once.. wen i joined engineering smoked to kill time and do mathematics :D .. then i started learnin guitar.. so its just a personal choice.. no relation at all \m/

hey my guru is Kurt by d bay :p

16. spydra

spydra New Member

hmm, this place used to be lamer.

17. andhura

andhura New Member

What are you now? 18?

18. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

<3 "Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

It's not the question whether you are a guitarist or not. A large %age of people in India and over the world are smokers. I started smoking when I did not know how to even hold a guitar ( I think it was 7th grade :eek::). So, I think you're just unlucky that you do smoke....

btw, if you were from UK, most probably you didn't smoke. Some UK people told me that the price for a single packet of Cigarette is around 10 pounds there, due to heavy taxation!! That is the only way it can be stopped :p:

20. andhura

andhura New Member

What about a kick in the balls?