Guitar Shops In London

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Apr 27, 2005.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

guyz can u gimme
    addresses of guitar shops in london ???
    pleash !!!

2. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

london guitar shops

Hi, best place for good bargains is on Denmark Street. Get off at Leicester Sq. tube station, and walk up Charing Cross Road. Go past the Shaftesbury Avenue cross, the next one on you right hand side will be Denmark Street. There are a few very famous ones like Andy's etc, but the best deals could be got elsewhere, I bought my acoustic Yamaha from Andy's (right at the end) and my electric from Rhodes Music. I got my effects from another small shop further up Charing Cross Road. Thats the best place to shop in my opinion.

Regards

Sanjiv

3. barnacles

barnacles Handi Ghost

The Flying Pig in Hanwell is quite good
    theflyingpiguk.com

4. shak

shak Harrr!

the yellow pages!!! check them out.
    i get my stuff from soundcontrol b'ham, and i think they have one branch in london too, why dont you buy online, i get my stuff form coda-music.com and gak.com ... some really friendly people there ....

5. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

personal thanx to :-

sanjivdas
    barnacles
    shahrukh

10x alot....
    more info is welcomed

actually my bro is in london
    which wud be the best way for him to buy guitar
    one more thing
    if shipment is free then will we have to pay extra taxes ??
    pleash tell me the whole procedure of shipment . if u r experienced with this stuff

regards
    zohaib

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

don't get off at Leicester Square it takes longer to walk up that road. Heck even getting off at Covent Garden is quicker.

Get off at Tottenham Court Road tube station. You'll be on the corner of Tottenham Court Road, Oxford Street, New Oxford Street and Charing Cross.

Walk down Charing Cross (away from the McDonalds). You'll pass a *** shop on the right hand side just after the London Astoria thats on the corner. Denmark Street is the first/second street on the left hand side. There are also a few guitar shops on that road.

7. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

which wud be the best way for him to buy guitar
    one more thing
    if shipment is free then will we have to pay extra taxes ??
    pleash tell me the whole procedure of shipment . if u r experienced with this stuff

8. rabi_sultan

i don't know what the import taxes/duties are for Pakistan. It's best if you check it out.

Also only way to send something into Pakistan reliably is to either get someone to get it for you or get it sent by DHL.

PM me your brothers number or location in London. If he's near Heathrow then I can talk to him.

9. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

i m not askign about pakistan
    i m asking about london
    if my brother will orrder some stuff
    except shipping charges wud they charge some extra taxes like custon duty taxes

10. rabi_sultan

in that case why don't you get a price quote from DHL they'll tell you everything