Guitar Question.

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Tutenstein, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. Tutenstein

    Tutenstein New Member

    Hey guys.. I'm a newbie here so, please help me out. I'm an acoustic guitar player and I'm thinking to move on to an electric. I'm about to order a custom-made PRS replica with fixed bridge from Tulsi. I wanted to know whether it's possible to upgrade to a floyd rose later on.

    And, also what is tunomatic bridge??
  2. shak

    shak Harrr!

    hey tutenstein .. (cool id btw)

    right ... first of all ..upgrade to floating bridge system ..

    well yes, 99% of the time it is possible to upgrade from hard tail/tremolo to fully floating FR style bridge, but keep in mind that would require extensive routing and it might not come out perfect! also, due to routing often the paint/finish chips off and that would require at least couple of new coats of poly and a few paint touchups ... plus! you would lose that hard tail bridge and it wont be of no good anymore, thats investement wasted! so if you are sure that you would a fully floating trem setup .. get it done now.

    as for the tunomatic bridge, well thats just an extension of hard tail/ stop tail bridge that allows you to change intonation, action and string length .. pretty useful and almost all gibson hard tails use that ..

    here is a figure of tunomatic bridge ..
  3. Tutenstein

    Tutenstein New Member

    Thanks a lot, shak.

Share This Page