Guitar Purchase Help!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by bcrich, Apr 13, 2012.

1. bcrich

bcrich New Member

1. Guys, I am planning to buy a new guitar worth around 50-60k.

Requirements:
    A good, stable FR.
    24 frets.
    High-gain pickups.
    For playing MOSTLY Metal and Rock.

(Avoid Suggesting a Cort)

2. Plus,
    I want to upgrade the pickups of my Cort X-2 Venom FR guitar. Suggest some nice metal pickups also.

Awaiting helpful replies.

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Step 1. Visit a shop and ask them to show u all the guitar wit all the brands havin mahogany body. Make sure u Dont leave any option open in UR budget. Long process but worthy.

Step 2. Play the Shit out of those not to check the tone but check the playability of the guitar. If u feel u like it Thats it. Doesnt matter if u like a cheap guitar over a costly one

step 3. I love the H S H configuration. Choose UR new set of pickups and replace those wit the new guitar. If u feel the need.

Step 4. The most important step. Get an excellent amp dependin upon UR use of pedals proc or not. Dont compromise in this section.

3. bcrich

bcrich New Member

For the amp, I've considered a Be3 Solution 18 Live. So this will be a good purchase, IMO.

4. deepsal

deepsal New Member

budget maam?? and fyi solution 18 cant do high gain metal ask him to build you an amp with the engl e530 preamp's schematic and ask him to put a poweramp of his choice inside the amp preferably a 6l6 poweramp that way you can get a cheap(20-25k)metal amp
    or ask him to build you a high gain amp i have found his high gain amps to be a tad loose sounding but its nothing he cant rectify
    and as for the guitar whats your budget and you cant sign off a company because you bought its cheap guitars the cort evl and kx series are good and i wouldnt recommend you to buy a fr bridge unless you have a 50k+ budget for the guitar

5. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Read my very first line, ma'am! And I've talked to Ansar, he'll build a hi-gain Solution for me.

6. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Please this an appeal to all the people who ask for recommendations to give the following details, it makes our job easier
    1)Mention you budget(The op did mention it this time)
    2)Mention what you want to play, I mean i cannot judge much from metal, there as much as 10 different sub genres of metal.
    3)Mention what type of guitar you like shape,heavy/light, bright/warm, thin/medium neck,rosewood/maple/ebony fretboard, will you be drop tuning much or playing around with altered tunings, how do you use the tremolo system etc.

Now as much as i can tell i'll try to recommend some stuff but do provide with the additional details
    1)For a good trem look at guitars having Original Floyd Rose and from the Ibanez stables the newer ZR/ZR2 or the Edge Zero 2
    2)Stock pickups are going to be crap unless they are Duncan/Dimarzio or some other reputed pickup brand made.
    3)You can also consider this option buy a guitar upto 40k and then upgrade the pickups with the remaining 20k. Bare Knuckle Pickups are the best passive metal pickups you can get. A calibrated covered bridge+neck set will cost around 20k. I have the Ibanez S570b in mind. Good trem, thin neck, mahogany but light, shitty pickups but with BKP's it will sound even better than some of the prestige models.

7. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

if u can
    get an ibanez prestige

8. bcrich

bcrich New Member

1) Rs. 50000-60000
    2) Heavy/Progressive Metal and Hard Rock (Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Dream Theater)
    3) Shape doesn't matter (but preferably a superstrat). I will, most of the time, drop the tuning to D or C. I'll be using the FR much.
    4) Are SD Invaders good?

About my old guitar:
    1) It's a Cort X-2 Venom FR. I want to upgrade the pickups, so suggest me a combination of humbuckers.

9. deepsal

deepsal New Member

6505+112 combo-40k
    ibanez rga32-23k

10. deepsal

deepsal New Member

and not a fan of the invaders i do like blackouts ahb1 that being said i have only tried the blackouts in person my opinion on the invaders is based on the demos i have heard

11. bcrich

bcrich New Member

@deepsal
    ibanez rga32 is a fixed bridge. I want an FR guitar, that's why I put up the budget for the guitar 50-60k.

12. bcrich

bcrich New Member

I'm waiting for Ansar to send me the prices of the Solution 18 Live amp with the Grind channel.

13. guitarplayer729

did someone ignore my comment
    get a prestige
    most of them have dimarzios as stock pickups
    and u wud be the first one to own one

14. deepsal

deepsal New Member

look into the esp mh1000fr-61k
    @guitarplayer *nods* *facepalm*

15. guitarplayer729

didnt get u

16. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

^no one gets him but he himself..

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

As long as the amp can produce a "rock level" distortion (like ac/dc sound) - you can always overdrive it further with an el-cheapo overdrive pedal like SD-1 or TS - and get "ten br00talz" gain distortion ready for metal.

Isn't that what "everyone" used in the 80s?
    Marshall plexi super lead, JCM800 etc

18. bcrich

bcrich New Member

How is the Line 6 Spider Valve MKII 112?

And for the guitar, the Schecter Synyster Gates Special (All-Black)?

19. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

you can also look at the orange dark terror for the amp.

As for the guitar if i were in your shoes, i'd buy an Ibanez rg350dxz or an Ibanez s570b both guitars with great trems. And buy Bare Knucle pickups to go with it. It will sound better than any ibanez prestige with dimarzios/duncans. Also ibanez prestige is expensive, when i last checked bajaoo the 65k rg prestiges had stock ibanez pickups only the more expensive ones had better ones.

20. guitarplayer729

ooooh
    so someone noticed my post
    i was not recommending on the basis of sound
    it would be cool if someone owned a prestige