guitar problems...

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by pure_angel, Jun 15, 2005.

1. pure_angel

pure_angel New Member

my guitar has this damn problem that whenever i play 4th n 5th fret of E string & 2nd fret of A string it touch down to lower frets of fret board... n do not produce any sound... what should i do?...

what are the prices of acoustic guitar in pakistan?... at which cost you guys prefer buying a guitar?... what you ppls say about local manufactured guitars?... i heard one can buy a guitar in lahore at the cost of 1500 rs?... is it true?... i bought my guitar at the cost of 5000 rs... i wana buy cheapest guitar?... local made... ??...

help me...

basit

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

just raise the bridge ... or adjust the truss rod (the one that really holds the neck of the guitar)

the pitfall is ... u wont be able to play higher frets ... coz then the guitar will sound outta tune ...
    a gud quality guitar wont give u these troubles ...
    but yeah the weather can (like humidity/heat etc) ...

3. faiqgiant

faiqgiant .: Innocent :.

yaar da problem ur facing has 2 reasons either ur freats are un aligned which is a normal problem with local made guitars or ur guitar neck has bend, both dese problems can be solved in Pakistan u know jugari people. it would cost u less den 300/=

where as u wanted guitar rates pakistani made guitars sound better den chinese brands which u may get aroung 2500, but i would prefer fiber body acoustic guitars dey may cost about 5 or 6 thousand but dey dont have any such problems we discussed above.

4. umangu

umangu New Member

I'm Indian, so don't know much abt Paki guitars, but some cheaper Indian guitars also have the same prob. It's manly cuz the neck warks due to the heat.

To fix it, I suggest lowering your frets a little with sandpaper, and raising your bridge is that doesn't fix it completely. Go for a truss rod adjustment only if the 1st 2 don't work

Also, to stop your neck from getting warped in the future, loosen your strings if you aren't going to be playing your guitar for a few days.