Guitar Price guide

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Dec 27, 2006.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Whoah where do you work??

Nice guitar, how about some other finish?

It's listed at $2,999, (2,099 online).

Maybe buy online?

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:phbbt: Stratocasters!

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

LOL! congratz dude....why fender? check out some Gibson Les Pauls and stuff...with a Lakh u can get a shit load of stuff

5. thehundredthone

He must be a surf guitarist :p:

6. yazi

yazi Banned

boogie on. I work for a small organization called Microsoft and I LOVE STRATOCASTERS. And the '60s strats are the best in business, ever. I like Les Pauls and love to hate telecasters but I worship stratocasters, and I love my 'reddie' there.

@thehundredthone: Come to think of it, I am kind of, like, surfing with an alien here.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well....if u love it buy it...cus basically thats all that matters....:) why not get the Yngwie Malmsteen Sig? scalloped frets omg! i love scalloped frets...its 60k on bajaao so it should be about 1000$ abroad...or is that a entry level guitar for you (wink wink)

cheers dude,
    laney

8. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

First of all Congrats on the raise. :beer:

If i had that sort of money i'd first go for a custom shop strat like a Clapton or Eric Johnson.....but i'd end up with a Jeff Beck one. But ideally the Johnson strat would just fit the bill....its based on his '57 strat. Its got vintage and modern amenities too. PLUS it was designed by ERIC JOHNSON a.k.a. TONE GOD..
    It comes up less than 2k so you still have some cash to spend maybe ona small tube amp.
    Clapton one is awesome too...all with active electronics and stuff.

You can even look at G&L strats...they're really good too.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha so I WAS right about you being to Redmond.

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea man! yazi u should get a tube amp dude! that would be a wonderful buy!

11. thehundredthone

You play virtuoso rock eh? Maybe you should listen to sridhar11_2's advice, wasn't 57 a good year for guitars? ;)

12. yazi

yazi Banned

God, why did I post the topic? Now I am in doubt about a sure thing. Well, I want the best strat out there, so that later on I can sell it and profit from its being vintage(lol). And yet play a bit. And I am also looking at a boogie.

13. yazi

yazi Banned

And I am also thinking of producing and promoting bands in India a year or two later. I need to get good equipment for recording as well(nobody's getting the guitar).

14. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

That isn't necessarily the "best" strat. Subject to preference.

'Vintage' isn't necessarily synonymous with 'easy to play' or 'best'. Not for everyone atleast.

If you're willing to spend that kinda money, take a day out once you are there, go to a big music store, play as many guitars as you can, and then make your decision. Most expensive doesn't necessarily mean the best.

Cheers.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@yazi: which boogie ? dual rectifier?? OMG!!

16. sridhar11_2

If you're looking at selling the thing i guess in india i see any artist series guitar selling more than even a very good vintage strat.....even if the vintage is better people would go for the name. But in any case you should check out the guitars first if you have time. And is this strat for you or other people to record?? cause if i had such a good strat i would'nt let just anyone play it... you can get a mid level ibanez if you wanna give it other people....it'll be enough.

BTW if i were getting a Mesa i'd go for the Road King....

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

NO...Dual Rectifier :) ....actually Road Kings are good enough too!!

18. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

19. sridhar11_2

The Dual is good but if you're looking for a versatile amp that has a vintage voicing the Road king is the amp for you. You can always still get a modern sound from it by using a dist pedal in front of the dirty channel.
    I'm slanted towards the Road King cause i'm more of a Blues Rock guy than a Rock Metal guy...

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ok....ive never actually played either...but sound clips are enough for me :p