Guitar neck bend.!!! HELP.!!! HELP.!!! HELP.!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Shubham-Aj, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Shubham-Aj

Shubham-Aj New Member

can anyone suggest how can i fix this bending, back to straight.??

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It's never happened to me...I've only heard this from other people. Usually it"s difficult to impossible to fix a bent neck. However, sometimes you can try the following:

a) Lean the guitar at an angle against the wall....sort of like a ladder. The pressure against the neck helps to straighten it. Leave it that way for 2 odd weeks. Don't handle the guitar at all during this time.

b) Go to a luthier and see what he says. Sometimes it can be fixed, other times not.

3. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

2 odd weeks? o_O that'll be in a pain in the ass :p

never had such a problem myself but i'm sure it can be fixed somehow?

4. Shubham-Aj

Shubham-Aj New Member

any more help anyone.???

5. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Guitar Truss Rod Adjustment

you will most likely have to get it fixed by someone else though. many guitar shops will do it for you

6. wylder

wylder New Member

Truss Rod adjustment is a common thing done for most guitars every once in a while. Not very complicated but if you have never done it before, its better you get to watch a guy at the guitar store set it up for you the first time. The adjustments made need to be really small at a time - no more than quarter turn at a time tightening or loosening the nut.

The cause for the bend can be because you changed the gauge of strings. The neck can also bend due to climate conditions like humidity/temperature changes making the wood expand/contract. If the neck is excessively bent (especially after impact like dropping the guitar), it could mean a broken truss rod. Replacing the truss rod is a pain in the behind.

7. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar New Member

Which guitar is it?
    Acoustic - Chuck that guitar if it doesnt get fixed even after adjustin the truss rod..
    Electric - Get the neck replaced with a new one(if its bent beyond repair). Else try adjustin the truss rod or Replacing the rod from a better luthier. But replacing process is a costly process.