Guitar Lubricant Question

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sayanakaharry, Aug 21, 2005.

1. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

here's an enquiry. is it true that there should be some lubricant applied on and under the strings in the nut region and that prevents detuning of strings when executing vicious bends? if yes, then would talcum powder be a good lubricant? any other info is welcome as well.

2. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Graphite is a good lubricant

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Theres apparently a product out there called Guitar Sauce which you apply for this purpose...dunno how good this is.
    But yeah ..there are graphite nuts by Graphtech which is best specifically for lubricating nuts for getting them back to the correct position..for bends as well as whammmy bar use

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i dunno if K-Y Jelly or Astrolube will work here .....

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

thanx a million. now can u tell me the correct way to apply this lube?

6. shak

shak Harrr!

^ LOL ... hahahahahah

if you dont wanna shed any money ...get a lead pencil .... softer the better ..and then just mark the inside of the nut groves with that ... it does gives a bit of dis-colouration .. but it works for me ..

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^^ thankfully someone got the cue ...

8. shak

shak Harrr!

you cant blame em ... oil rulz back in home soil .... no k-y there ... and considering how hot it is back home ... i dunno if they ever need lubes ..
    anyway ... off-topic .. by the way i spotted that dual rectum thingy too ... hahaha ... nice one

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hahaha ... thats courtesy someone on this IGT ... forgotten who bought that title for me ...
    but i kinda liked it ... so it stuck ... hahaa ...

10. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

I said graphite too.....

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^ graphite is an industrial lubricant ... what i was talking about are meant for passionate use ... LOL ... i mean i cannot imagine anyone using graphite for the purpose served by K-Y and Astro ... google 'em ... ;)

12. shak

shak Harrr!

hahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha
    yeah google em up before you start saying... pencil is a good source for graphite.... hahahaha

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

welll ... pencil can be good ... but i dont mean as a lubricant ...
    rather for doing the job ... ROTFL ...

14. shak

shak Harrr!

ma girl will kill me if i mention this ... LOL ... although starting off with the pencil to lube and then fisnihing off the job using the good old freddy of mine wont be a bad idea ... i'll see if i can get the mssg thru to her ...
    by the way .... are the mods sleeping or what? dun tell me they are on smack

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well ...
    be a man and do it and get a VDO recording ... in 3gpp format ;) ...
    its quite popular here in India ... :p:

16. shak

shak Harrr!

i am evil but would neva pimp ma girl ... LOL .. sorry the videos are for nostalgic remebrance in 20 years time only ... ;)

17. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

^^ tahts what everyone says before recording ... :)

18. shak

shak Harrr!

lets seee then ... hahah ..na honestly ... i dun thin iwould ever pimp her .. except of course if she dumps me and runs away with ahmer .... :mad:

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

haha ... lets see ... who said u gonna earn money off the VDO ... its just for fun ... so its not pimping ... and no showing of faces so no hassles ...

ok i'd better stop ... coz now i am sounding like a pimp ... LOL

20. shak

shak Harrr!

i can show that to you ... haha i wont mind ....
    and naa...you dont sound like pimp ... more like a pervert ... lolzzz