Guitar Lessson Using VEER ZAAR (Janam Dekhlo) Song CHORDS

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by awaz_bass, May 9, 2005.

1. vick

vick New Member

6th fret = D#
    5th fret = D
    4th fret = C#
    3rd fret = C
    D bar chord, i play it with all the fingers ,index on 5th fret and the other fingers on strings 4,3,2 on the 7th.but when i move further the frets become so small that my three fingers dont fit together and if i try to use ur version (with the index and the ring finger) either the ring finger touches the 1st string or the second string doesnt give proper sound. its like MAIN NIKLA GADI LEKE ,RASTE PE OH SADAK PE IK MOD AAYA ,WAHAN PE GADI KHARAAB HO GAYI , ABB WAHIN PE KADA HOON. any tips paaji?

2. awaz_bass

awaz_bass Don't mistake for F*RT

Oye Vick Paaaji

Hey Vick.. its funny the way you post your qns....

OK the poistion we are talking about is the following one for D Chord..

D [Barre Chord]

Code:
    fret no.
    ....5th 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E  
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- G
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- D
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- A 
    Max I will play this position till 10th fret, play only till where your fingers are comfortable in the fret board.

SO on the 10 fret this chord position becomes [G] Chord.

So, If I have to play G# or A chords or higher scale chords then I will NOT stick to this position but play (say we are talking about A chord now) the chord with alternate finger position.

A BARRE CHORD

Code:
    fret no.
    ....5th 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|-2-|---|---|--- G
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- D
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- A 
    Or then the following position

Code:
    fret no.
    ....9th 
    ---|-1-|-2-|---|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- G
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- A X
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E X
    Again the postion of chords depend upon where the other chords are being played for a particular song.

SO,, you have to pick and choose from three chord positions for the Major chords I had posted in the intial post.

For minor chords there is one more position that you might want to learn...

Em [BARRE CHORD]

Code:
    fret no.
    ....3rd 
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|-2-|---|---|--- G
    SO, now you have 3 finger positions for Major chords and 3 finger positions for Minor chords, you have to pick and choose the combination that best works for you.

So :rockon:

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

in D barre chrd (1st fig). 6th strin(thick E str) shud be muted i guess. nywayz gud stuff. keep it up.
    and da last fig (Em barre) is kinda intrstin.. nevr seen dis variation of Em chrd b4.. looks like a CMajor 7th 2 me..

4. awaz_bass

Chords Clarification

@Subhro - Yu are really postin' some interesting questions which are making me think too.. and it will also be helpful for folks following this thread.. Learning for all I guess ( :beer: ) I'll try answering your queries....

D Barre Chord: -6th string is not muted in this chord position.
    Expln: The Dmaj chord has (D, F# and A notes) in it.
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....5th 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E                (A-note)
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- B               (F#-Note)
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- G               (D-Note)
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- D               (A-Note)
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- A                (D-Note)
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E               ( A-Note)
    6th E string 5th fret = Note A, so its a valid note in this chord.

When we play the same chord position at 3rd fret this becomes Cmaj chord. Also the 6th E string 3rd fret is G note then. Cmaj has (C, E, G ) notes so G is a valid note. So, in this chord position 6th string is not muted.

Em (Barre Chord) - 3rd Fret.
    Expln: The Em chord has (E, G and B notes) in it.
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....3rd 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E             (G - Note)
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- B            (E - Note)
    ---|-1-|-2-|---|---|--- G            (B - Note)
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- D            (G - Note)
    So, this becomes Em chord.
    If same chord position, played at 1st fret will be come Dm chord with (D,F and A notes). Its a very important minor chord position & is really helpful.

.. Any suggestions or if I missed anything let me know . :rule:

:rockon:

5. Subhro

ya i thot of tht too while 1 was postin.. but actually in evry chrd chrt i find tht str is muted.. evn in sum posts by jayswami and othrs.. whn they were givin da chrd chrt for thr songs which had da D thrd..

infact u got a diff name for tht.. D/A (D with base A)

6. awaz_bass

Hey Subhro,
    my knowledge ends here... SO, I guess PROs like J or BandBaaja can shed some light....
    :think:

7. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

aaah........thnx a tonnnnnnn for this........i always find it difficult to figure out the pattern:)

also u hv mentioned quite a few songs:
    now pls post the chords of these songs 2 one by one, all of them r really nice............waada raha being my favorite ........one song per week:)........tht wont be a problem for u i guess :p:

n regarding this:
    Jay wont post here anymore............u wont believe me i know.......... so chk this out
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=8890&page=2

one thing more.......tht song Mere sapno ki rani is in Bm according to Bandbaaja n yes dont post its chords coz Bandbaaja has already posted for this one :p:

8. sam_rules

sam_rules New Member

everyone likes nice chords but you will like them more if you make them yourself.
    try a chord progression and try to sing along the scale of the chords u r playing. if the chords come in scale of the progression, then you can shift the chords to the original scale.

Try these chord progression most songs use thes chords[not in order]. try to know which chords are used

G Em C D [sometimes F and A] Am............1
    Dm G C Am.................................................2
    Cm Bb F Gm G#.......most popular..............3

9. Subhro

and neithr wil bandbaaja i guess.. sry cant provide a link like u did.. coz his thrd waz deleted..
    nywayz lets not discuss why and how regardin dat issue.. coz thn dis thrd wud get deleted too.. like sum of ours (myself one of thm) got in da recent past... so lets refrain frm doin dat.

@awaz..
    normally beginners dont mute da 6th str.. but actually u need to mute it.. coz othrwise its equivalent to D/A.. rhythym guitarist playin D and bass guitarist playin A.
    da A note u were talkin of.. u r gettin it in D str (7th fret) and 1st str (5th fret) in da barre D.
    as far as i kno.. if u hold da 5th fret 6th str.. thn it bcomes D/A .
    nywayz.. i got limited knowledge. so u judge.

10. vick

vick New Member

i'm practicin ur version and kind of getting it but have to press the ring finger real hard. anyways, oh paaji thankyou shankyou hai!!!!

11. awaz_bass

@Subhro, Smriti - hmm (IGT will surely miss J and BandBaaja, I thought I had seen BB posting in one of the threads just couple of days back.. Hope they wud come back.

Anyways I Guess, there are many other folks around who can help and new folks may join too.

So..., I will try n post the songs - and I think some are already posted in IGT. l'll try asap.

@Vick - Keep playing dude.. .once you pick up the bar chords you will start loving guitar and yu can easily play most of hindi song.... Enjoy... :)

12. vick

vick New Member

oh sorry sam paaji just missed ur post , thought it was related to wat the big guns were talking about ,just didnt read it. anyways sam paaji thunu bhi thanqu shanqu hai!

13. Liquid

Liquid New Member

thanks...an amazing post..

and that D chord IS impossible :)

14. awaz_bass

@ Liquid - Thanks man... about D chord :) .... Its not impossible, when I initially learnt this chord it seeemed imp to me too but not I find it very handy..

SO... just a matter of time :)

15. Liquid

Liquid New Member

lol yea hopefully...

how come there is an & sign in the first measure....but an underscore in the last measure,....

and is the & really needed?....the pattern is D DU DU D right?

16. awaz_bass

Hey Liquid - its like, when I said D& it like play DownStroke and let it ring.
    When I said D_ its like play downstroke and mute it (like Chuck sound).

Have Fun

17. vrvr

vrvr New Member

Hi awaz_bass,
    seems to be very hard to try the barre chords. can the same be played in the first 6 frets like:
    Em:
    2nd fret
    E |---|--------------------------------------------------------------
    B-|---|--------------------------------------------------------------
    G-|---|--------------------------------------------------------------
    D-|-3|----------------------------------------------------------------
    A-|-2|----------------------------------------------------------------
    E-|---|---------------------------------------------------------------

G:
    2nd fret 3rd fret
    E |----------|-3------- |-----------------------------------------------------
    B-|----------|----------|---------------------------------------------------
    G-|----------|----------|----------------------------------------------------
    D-|----------|----------|------------------------------------------------------
    A-|-1--------|----------|------------------------------------------------------
    E-|-----------|-2-------|-------------------------------------------------------

D:
    2nd fret 3rd fret
    E |--2-------|-------- |-----------------------------------------------------
    B-|----------|-3-------|---------------------------------------------------
    G-|-1-------|---------|----------------------------------------------------
    D-|----------|---------|------------------------------------------------------
    A-|----------|---------|------------------------------------------------------
    E-|----------|---------|-------------------------------------------------------

D7:
    1st fret 2nd fret 3rd fret
    E ----1------|--------|--------- |-----------------------------------------------------
    B------------|----------|-4------|---------------------------------------------------
    G------------|-2-------|---------|----------------------------------------------------
    D------------|----------|--3-----|------------------------------------------------------
    A------------|----------|---------|------------------------------------------------------
    E------------|----------|---------|-------------------------------------------------------

C:
    1st fret 2nd fret 3rd fret
    E -----------|----------|-------- |-----------------------------------------------------
    B-----1------|---------|---------|---------------------------------------------------
    G------------|----------|---------|----------------------------------------------------
    D------------|----2----|---------|------------------------------------------------------
    A------------|----------|--3-----|------------------------------------------------------
    E------------|----------|---------|-------------------------------------------------------

Hope these are ok. not sure about my editing.
    Thank you.

18. rahulvaish

rahulvaish New Member

Bm sounds better in place of D7 in your chords for this song.....try this and tell me how do you feel

19. vrvr

vrvr New Member

Hi rahulvaish,
    Playing and hearing the chords, one after the other, in my experience D7 sounds better to me. Because D7 seems something like a "ringing continuation" sound, unlike Bm which is a minor chord sound. it seems hard for me to put it in words.

20. good 2 c some 1 put in so much of hard work just 2 teach d anewbies,,rock on man..