Guitar Lessson Using VEER ZAAR (Janam Dekhlo) Song CHORDS

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by awaz_bass, May 9, 2005.

1. vthite

vthite New Member

@awaz, @Subhro, @Sam_Rules .. you guys r doing a awesome job.. teaching and explaining stuff...I had to do my learning the hard way ... but stuff from you guys keep us motivated.

Keep up the good work...

2. awaz_bass

awaz_bass Don't mistake for F*RT

Alternate Chord Charts for this song...

@smriti,Subhro,theguitaristofm - Thanks for your suggestions, next time I post the chord I will do it your way, its more practical and easy to read.

I am listing all the Chords again here .....

Em (BARRE CHORD)
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....7th 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E  
    ---|-1-|-2-|---|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- G
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- D
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- A
    G BARRE CHORD
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....7th 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- G
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- A X
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E X
    D BARRE CHORD
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....5th 
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- G
    D7 BARRE CHORD
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....5th 
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E X
    C BARRE CHORD
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....8th 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|-2-|---|---|--- G
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- D
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- A 
    Bm BARRE CHORD
    Code:
    fret no.
    ....7th 
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- D
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- A 
    I wanted to edit the original post but for reason Lord Neo doesnt allow us do that anymore.. so I am posting the chords here.

3. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

@hey awaz_bass...........as soon as u posted this chord chart.........the edit option has started working for me:).................now u 2 can edit ur stuff :p: .

n yeah.................thanks for cosidering the suggestions.............n dont forget to add the strumming pattern next time:)

4. awaz_bass

Replies

@skalahas, @Subhro you are right for beginners the G BARRE CHORD positions shown below (by subhro) are easy to learn, but I am trying to show chord position that are easy to play for this song

[Alternate G Barre Chord Positions]

Code:
        fret                        fret
    ....3rd                     ....10th
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E   ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E  
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- B   ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- B
    ---|-1-|-2-|---|---|--- G   ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- G
    ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- D   ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- D
    ---|-1-|---|-4-|---|--- A   ---|-1-|---|-3-|---|--- A
    ---|-1-|---|---|---|--- E   ---|-x-|---|---|---|--- E
    NOTE: I have shown both these positions in my post, 1st one for C-Barre at 8th fret and 2nd one for D barre at 5 fret. So, its just swtiching frets and playing different chords.

@SUBHRO
    G Barre Chord:

Code:
        fret
    ....7th
    ---|-1-|---|---|-[COLOR=Blue]4[/COLOR]-|--- A
    ---|-x-|---|---|---|--- E
    This is the actual finger position for G- Barre chord on 7th fret but I did not pick the 5th A string and left it muted so that its easier for beginners, they can manage with this for a yr or 2 and I am sure after that they will be in a position to figure out themselves.

What do you SAY ... ;)

5. awaz_bass

Thanks ALL

@dream_seller,lalbamboo,jim4u18,lord_neo,smriti,skalahas,meenasupari,vick,sam_rules, nayan, theguitaristofm,adi_rishi,vthite

Thanks Guys... y'll really inspired me - I am totally geared up for a new song....

@VICK

Code:
    top yaar!!!! oh paaji dont ever think about quiting. just tell me how many replies do u want. that was really really cool !!! ( i'm just a beginner ,started to learn bar chords a few months back and am still stuck on them ,just cant change properly.)
    Man that was the best feedback in a funny way... Good Quote..

Keep tryin' and I am sure you will definitely get it.

6. awaz_bass

Changing Scales

@SAM_RULES

A very nice lesson and i think we can add something more. this is for those singers like me who can't adjust to the pitch of the song.

it is very nessecary to play according to the pitch when you are playing in an orchestra or playing a song together. but if you are playing solo you can adjust the song's pitch to your own singing capability

This is how you do it--

1.First you have to know the all the bar chords[Major and Minor]. Awaaz baas has explained it so superbly.
    2.the theory is simple if you know the chords for a song you shift the chords of your song exactly that many frets as required by you. Confusing??

For example if the chords are
    G[355433] Em[779987] C[335553] D[557775]

you want to lower the pitch frets down[lets say 2 frets down] so the new chords will the chords if you shift the corresponding chord two frets down
    so the new chords are
    F[133211] Dm[557765] Bb[113331] C[335553]

you will notice that i have deducted two from the fret number and i have go my result. but it is not always so. if i want to further lower my pitch by two frets then there will be a problem lowering F and Bb. you can lower these chords using their alternate barre position. for ex F can also be played at [8 8 10 10 10 8] so lowering two frets we get D#[668886] and Bb can be played as [688566] lowering two frets we get [466344]

Thats all if you want i can post an example of chord conversion of a song to make it easier

@Sam_Rules, this is exactly what I wanted to convey via this post.

Beginners: SO, as SAM suggested this should be your next try.

After you are comfortable with Em scale try playing the song in Dm Scale.

So .... (following will be chords for Dm Scale)
    Em = Dm
    G = F
    D7 = C7
    D = C
    C = A#
    Bm = Am

I believe that I dont have to give the chords to you, do I have to?

Just shift all the chords you played earlier in Em scale 2 Frets up and you will be playing the same song in Dm scale...

Le'me know how it goes...

7. awaz_bass

Strumming Pattern

@SMRITI

@hey awaz_bass...........as soon as u posted this chord chart.........the edit option has started working for me.................now u 2 can edit ur stuff .

n yeah.................thanks for cosidering the suggestions.............n dont forget to add the strumming pattern next time

hey Smriti,
    I have edited the original message and posted the chords in horizontal fashion.

The strumming pattern I play is the following.

Code:
    |   1     |    2   |    3    |    4   |
       D &       D U      D U       D_

8. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

@awaz.. i think da pinky shud be in 9th fret n not in 10th.. plz chk. (refr post.no #24)
    @vthite.. thanks dear.

9. awaz_bass

Hi Subhro,
    I see exactly what you are saying, I have even seen on some chord charts that the Pinky is on 9th fret on 5th A String for G chord on 7th fret.

I think that is a print mistake or something like that.

The Pinky can not be on 9th fret as .....

5th (A) String 9th Fret = F# Note.
    5th (A) String 10th Fret = G Note.

The G Chord does not have F# note.

I am pretty sure that it should be on 10th fret....

Anyways, I play this stirng muted to it doesnt matter.

10. vick

vick New Member

oh paaji i am wondering why there is just a single green dot in ur rep col. actually its good cause whatever people with rep(like jaysawami and co) say goes over my head,i guess i should have been taller.talking of rep i gave u all i could ,thats a different thing that i had only 45. bar chords r tuff , i'm playing it without the bar thing. u said about some other hindi songs which have the same chords , could u please name them cause i couldnt figure out any. remember just a beginner .

11. awaz_bass

@VICK - There many songs that are on minor scale combination. Suppose we pick up Dm minor chord.

The Dm combination will mostly have the following chords.

Dm, C, A#, A (Regular) and F (Accidental).

(This is true for any minor chord, so if we are talking about Em the chords will be Em, D, C, B and Accidental G)

??? Try what is the progression for Cm ??

So, for now lets stick with Dm combination.

1) Mere rang mein rangane wali (M P K)
    2) Tujhe dekha to yeh Jaana Sanam (DDLJ)
    3) Na Jaane Mere Dil ko kya (DDLJ)
    4) Didi tera dewar dewaana (HAHK)
    5) Dum Maro Dum (R D Burman -- I dont know movie name)
    6) Waada Raha (Khaki - This song will have both minor and major chord so If you are playing this chord in Dm, you will also play Dmaj in one line)
    7) Mere sapno ki raani (aaradhana - I think orignal scale is Am).

There are tons of songs, I just remember these on top of my head. Note the original scale of above songs might not be Dm, we will just play them in Dm for Solo singing and chord practise.
    The songs will use almost same chord combination I had told above but placement of chords might be different.

Eg: Mere Rang mein (Dm, A#, C, A) chords will be used in opening Que music of the song.

SO, that is it for now... Keep Trying, let me know if you need chords for any song, I will try to post them (if I can), Search IGT first though...

Bye
    Have FUN :rockon:

12. vick

vick New Member

thanks paaji , never knew all this stuff, its all so cool.my situation is like that of a child whos got his hand stuck in a jar of candies, cant get the candies and cant leave them. the progression thing Cm, A# ???? i dont know but i am trying the other songs ,they r good. i wish i was really good, right now my current formula is (me + my guitar = people running away). anyways thanks again.

13. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

@awaz.. hey.. u r right.. thnx 4 da correction n also da xplanation..
    but edit da post.. post no. #29.. whr u xplaind dis fact.. coz.. by mistk u wrote
    D String 9th Fret = F# Note.
    D String 10th Fret = G Note.

i kno u meant da A str (and not da D str). keep postin.

14. awaz_bass

@Subhro - Thanks Bro I corrected my ERR.

15. awaz_bass

;) ;) ;) - u'll be fine soon.
    Keep Playing :rockon:

16. aneesansari

aneesansari New Member

awesome effort dude 5 stars

17. vick

vick New Member

practicin, practicin. oh paaji, hun assi tusi peeyange lasi !! top yaar!!!!

18. sam_rules

sam_rules New Member

hey vick everyone finds bar chords tough in the beginning. just try to hold it and start strumming. remember onje of the best ways to master bar chords is not to think about them.

hold one bar chord say G[barred] then continue strumming. after some time try to switch bar chords. Try G to F. most beginners lift all their fingers and again try to bar F on the first fret. it is natural. you just try to slide your bar finger down two frets. it sounds very tough but once you get going you will find it very easy.

19. vick

vick New Member

hey sam ,thanks man. so Mr 18july college this year? have fun.

20. awaz_bass

Thanks Dude