Guitar lessons, tutorials and tips...

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by bjr, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It's not usually my style to bitch about something but for the first time in ages, I looked at the Guitar lessons, tutorials and tips section.

Of late, I have noticed a general wane in the quality of submissions being accepted within this section.

I'm not really sure about how IGT works but is there someone reviewing the information that is being submitted there. If so, that person has been a tad slipshod in the recent past. How is it that an entire thread in the tips section is devoted entirely to the issue of the appropriate length of nails a guitarist should have?

Also, a lesson, in my opinion, should be comprehensive. The thread where the person has given a major and minor pentatonic shape and then posted a midi file is far from comprehensive.....I mean it's just a bunch of scale shapes which are found just about everywhere on the internet, why on earth does it merit a place in the forum?

If we don't have some already, we need a couple of "reviewers" of sorts who know their music and can edit or add to the submissions.

Another issue I would like to address is redundancy. Can we not have a certain thread which gives us different methods to tune guitars instead of having 10 different threads? Not only will this reduce redundancy, it also works to the beginners advantage since it narrows down his search. We can also have special threads for certain commonly wanted tips....eg- major scales, picking style etc.

If someone has a lesson which is not covered in these topics, we can have a new thread.

Just a few suggestions that I thought would help improve the forum....other's are welcome to chip in with some more.

1 person likes this.
  2. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Nice suggestions bjr. Well yeah I feel there should be some kinda constant review of all the guitar lessons, tutorials and tips here in IGT. The simple reason being it will ensure the quality of the content. Another way out will be the expert members of IGT can monitor the posts and point out if sumthing is wrong or a better way of doing that.

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll definitely look into it.

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Thanks for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Reps for you.

We will definitely do something about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.