guitar lessons pls !!!

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by notun_guitarist, Dec 9, 2005.

1. notun_guitarist

notun_guitarist New Member

hi all.... kemon aacho shobai??
    ami guitar er bepare kicchu prosno korte chai.....
    at 1st go.... i know that these questions would sound rather absurd and crap,,,, and the most obvious reaction would be :: "arre eta shikhle porei to guitar bajate shekha hoye gelo" !! but pls help me out ppl.... i am in a fix abt the following questions:::
    (1) basically there are 2 kinds of scale.... major and minor.... right...?? how is it determined only just by listening to the song once whether the song is in a major scale or a minor scale?

(2)dhoro ami eta bujhte paarlam je gaana ekta major scale e aache.... next thing is how I find out which scale is it?? A major...?? C major.??? kikore bujhbo?

(3)gaan er lead kikore baar kora jete paare?

(4)lead e onekrakam legend use kora hoy.... hammer on, pull off etc.... egulor (hammer on and pull off)mane ami jani, kintu ei koyektar mane ki bole dite parbe pls??...... slide,slide back...baaki aro ja ja thake...??

ami bujhte paarchi proshno gulo ektu boka boka shonacche, kintu ami shotti ei proshno gulo niye khub bhabi !! keu jodi help kore tahole hoyto ammar engineering er result arektu bhalo hobe !!(kaaron tahole class e boshe aar ami egulo bhab bo na !!!)

thanks all, wish you good day, bye
    -shubhankar.

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

hey

nice to see your drive and enthusiasm. my suggestion would be to check out the "guitar lessons tutorials and tips" section of this site. that place will contain answers to all your questions and a lot more. enjoy. :)

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

^^lolz.. Anyway, notun_guitarist amiOO tomar moto boka. Kichu jani na.. KichuEE bujhi na. Anyway, MAJOR na MINOR baar kora khub kothin na. KOno gaan-ye jodi mota gola thake then it will be MAJOR and jodi khub taan diye hoy taley MINOR.:)

Slide back hochhe.. When you slide to a note suppose e--- 5slide7slide-back5--- Eta bajaate hobey like you slide the note to 7th B note. and then immediately go back to the previous note that is A note in the 5th fret.:p: Do this without stiriking the plectrum twice. That is one stroke and play three notes(A + B + A):p:

Ei tuku jaani tai bollam.. There are many pro's here. They'll come forward to help you , dont worry.:)

REPS diley khusi hobo..:)

nIK!:dj:

4. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

1st 4 te line r jonyoi toke kono reps deoa uchit noy.....Ultimate Funda....anyway chaliya ja..... ;)

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

^^lolz. Arindam .da kichu questions are still unanswered. Help us out. Ki kore kono gaan tab korbo?? etc etc..:eek::

nIK!:nw:

6. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Eto kichu amio jani na........

Anyway....

Answers :

1) You are asking of Ear Training. You are a beginer right ? So,Will let you know later.

2) Same as q-1.

3) Concept of Scale and same ear training.

4) Follow SAYAN's comment.

7. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Ans 1) For a beginning, if a song sounds to be one of a sad nood, it's most probably minor.
    Anyway,major scale of a note will have to be the minor scale of the 6th note on the scale.

Kon scale-e gaan aache bojhar jonno gaan-ta kore chord miliye dekhte hobe (aami tai kortam).

Gaan-er lead baajano-r onek funda aache. Advance a bit more into the world of guitaring and Arindam-da will teach you. ;) ;)

8. sunnyctg

sunnyctg New Member

guitar shekhar jonno ami internet theke kisu tutorial video download korsilam. Ogula besh kajer. Apni torrent sites e search dilei paben.

sunny

9. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Internet search korlei onek prosner uttor paowa jabe. Tachhara, ear training is a must. Major aar minor chord khub bhalo kore bajie sunbe. Tarpor ekta gaan sune dekhbe je setar flavour ta major na minor. Onek gaan i major aar minor scale er khichurei hoy. Tobuo, Miles er 'Firie dao'(Nishwa) Is an example of pure minor scale(Gm) & 'Mon' by Cactus is an example of pure major scale.

10. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

@notun_guitarist.....

1)Ear training chhara gaan sune major ba minor scale bojha khub tough...tumi prottekta chord ekbaar major arekbaar minor'e bajiye khub bhalo kore difference ta observe koro...and do a lot of practice...slowly tumi dekhbe je tumi'o gaan shune bujhte parchho je seta major scale'e bajano na minor'e.

2) Same ear training...ta chhara ami jeta kori..seta hochhe je ami gaanta'r notes gulo guitare bajiye dekhi je sei notes gulo kon scale e porchhe, mane kon scale'e most appropriate sonachhe...sei bhabe bojha jaay je kon scale e gaan ta kora hoyechhe...eta te tumi etao bujhte paarbe je gaan ta major e kora hoyechhe na minor e.

3) Gaan'er scale ta baar kore nile lead ta baar korte khub ekta osubidhe hobe na...kintu ekta jinish..bhalo lead bajanor janno tomake scale er khub bhalo knowledge thakte hobe.

4) Search the web...!! er theke bhalo aar kichhu hobe na....prochhur tutorials aache tumi onek kichhu jaante paarbe okhan theke.

I hope it will help you...ta chhara ekhane Sayan...Arindam'da..Debankan...Lefty...era aache...eder theke tumi prochur help paabe...ami to nogonno matro....

11. notun_guitarist

notun_guitarist New Member

hey thanks everyone.... for taking out time and replying to my mail.
    tomra (tumi korei bolcchi, boroder keo !!) ja ja boleccho ogulo try kore dekhcchi......
    hopefully the day will come when i may be able to send the chords and tabs of a few songs myself.... !!!
    thanx again.....keep rocking !!
    good day!!
    -shubhankar.

12. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Welcome pal....Will look forward to help you more....by the way...you can also ask for help from SAPTASHAW also that too within 12th....

13. debankan

We are always very keen to help.

14. sayanakaharry

im giving you a piece of very disconnected advice. always listen to all types of music. dont get caught in the web and start listening to one and only one type of music. its important to keep a big repertoire because then you will get acquainted with many different styles of music and their salient individualities.
    on more relevant points, do stretching and alternate picking exercises. try these places

www.cyberfret.com
    www.wholenote.com
    www.ultimate-guitar.com

15. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

2 Practices....from HELL ????!!!!!!

Hey shuvankar,

Try these following 2 TABS......these are 2 intro's from 2 different music style & different speed.....Iam not going to reveal the scale...try yourself.....try to play these first....then try to recognise the scales,then try to find the reletive chords for these (give it a try !!)....these exercises (rather tones) consist of finger streching,alternate picking & hammer-on's,pull-off's.....and some more....

Code:
    1) Passage to the Reaper 

(Alexi Laiho - Children of Bodom)...Part of EX-2

e---10--8--6-----------------------------------------------
    B--------------10--8--7------------------------------------
    G--------------------------8--7--5-------------------------
    D-------------------------------------8--6--5---------------
    A------------------------------------------------5-5-5-5---
    E-------------------------------------------------------------

2) Speed Lives 

(Michael Angelo Batio - Thanks to SAPTA)

e--------------------------15-17-19-20p19h20-----
    B----------------------17-------------------------------------
    G-----------------16------------------------------------------
    D------------17-----------------------------------------------
    A----14-19----------------------------------------------------
    E----------------------------------------------------------------
    Faced problems playing these ?? worried about the Tempo ?? Let me know at the earliest. Tempo....well....just try to play these first......the TEMPO.....well these 2 are very very fast boy.......so dont you worry abt the tempo at the first go.

16. debankan

Aridamda koro ki!!!! :shock: Tumi ekjon beginer ke Batio er piece diye dile??? :shock: :shock:

17. sayanakaharry

and that too with a HUGE five string downstroke sweep. bishal bapaar.

18. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Hmmm...

@Debankan,Sayan......when we start playing guitar...one of the first & foremost guitar lesson is to have the feel for fret...and for that there's a exrecise for that...

e---------------------------------------------------------6-7-8-9--------------------
    B----------------------------------------------5-6-7-8-------------------------------
    G-----------------------------------4-5-6-7------------------------------------------
    D------------------------3-4-5-6-----------------------------------------------------
    A-------------2-3-4-5----------------------------------------------------------------
    E--1-2-3-4---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if someone can play this (as we all do - FORWARD & BACKWARD) as a beginer...i think we can play that part too...only difference is that i took the name BATIO....so no probs with that....keep the BPM as 20 !! I think 20,30,40 & even 50 BPM is alright for any sort of beginers.

And moreover,if you say so...with the little two intro's....then i'll say you guys should have killed me for giving the Children of Bodom piece part...!! ;)

I told him to keep the tempo as simple as possible for him....Just have the feel for the FRETBOARD first...otherwise it is not possible for any one in the world to learn Scale.

19. sayanakaharry

20 BPM is pretty alrite.

20. debankan

So can you play it at Batio's original speed(I think it is around 300 bpm)