Guitar Lessons Needed

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by zohaib, Apr 4, 2005.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Hi There Guyz
    i seriously need some favour from u guyz( or galz ;P )
    actually i need some lesson ( practice lessons ) to make my lead faster
    even more faster
    also gimme tips plzzz

2. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

to be able to play a fast lead u need to move your fingers fast.the only way u can do that is by making sure all four fingers espicially the ring and the little finger are obeying you! how do u do that? well, practise scales,use proper fingering for it.u'll be 90% ready when u can control the little and the ring finger.
    use them alot more often,spend some time doing pull-offs and hammer-ons with just the 3rd and 4th finger. instead of your first two.! good luck and practise loads.!

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^didnt u ask this same question on another thread???

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

To be fast, creat a series of lead patterns and work on the speed profile of each one of them. For example if one guy can play a chromatic scale at 200bmp, it need not be neccasary that he can play two note per string pattern or three note per strings patterns at the same speed. Same is the case if the notes are slightly random or involves some bending or hammer ons or pull ofs. Create a series of licks for each of the type and then work on individually try to improve on everyone of them. You will be realize that you cannot play everything at your best speed. If 150 bpm is the best you can reach, then get down to 140 bpm and play it till you are extremely comfortable, then get back to 150 in steps of 2 and then try getting the same comfort level at your top speed. By then your top speed would have already improved and then repeat the whole thing.

5. annand

annand the pessimist

as ronnieanand said, use a metronome. get one.
    go to www.google.com and type in: guitar metronome. download and install one.

if you're looking to increase the speed of your lead playing, you obviously know scales. take a scale and start-off slowly as ronnieanand suggested, then gradual increasing the bpm. remember to pick each note cleanly and evenly - you don't want to be fast and choppy.