Guitar Lessons in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Jimish, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Jimish

Jimish New Member

I want to start learning Guitar. I stay in Parel,Mumbai. Any idea of any good tutors in Parel Dadar Matunga Sion area?
    Thanks for your help.

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Dont know of any there. But the guys at Sardar Flute instrument shop (below Gurudvara opp chitra cinema) can direct u to sum tutor..

3. Jimish

Jimish New Member

i did ask them they replied with some Shree Kalyan Sangeet Vidyalaya. So how do I assess whether its good enough?

4. mymusicmyguitar

Dont go to some vidyalaya and all. I have heard about professors over there. They aint that skilled. And they teach really very less in one session.
    Choose ur guitar tutor based on ur music style, genre. Whats the point if sumone is goin to teach u classical stuff if you want to learn Metal.
    Search on OLX.in and other Free ad sites. Many of the guys have posted add on that site for offering tutions. I am sure u will find sumone on google.

5. Jimish

Jimish New Member

Ya even i thought so.I am not into metal. Frankly speaking i am not into any particular kind of genre. I am totally a newbie. what would you suggest. I have also heard of Pro Guitar Academy. Do you have any idea how good are they?

6. mymusicmyguitar

Join some private tutor man. That would be cost effective. So even if that means that u have to travel far. Dont restrict urself to ur area. U will find lot of tutors on the Western suburbs...I myself teach at Kandivali and have taught over 30 students so far(sorry to mention this coz such self marketing isnt allowed at IGT unless u prove that u r worthy enuf by posting some videos or demos which i am planning to do soon)

But the whole point is be ready to travel if you want to learn from some good tutor. There are good tutors at Bandra, Andheri and on the central side as well..

7. gunnerwholelife

gunnerwholelife New Member

You said there are good classes in Bandra ?
    Can you refer any particular class ?

Also how is Pro guitar academy ?

8. mymusicmyguitar

Not sure about the Pro guitar Academy. Go to that academy and get the brochure or details of the guitar class and fee structure. Then decide whether to go ahead with it or not.
    Regarding Bandra i wil ask my friends and try to get the info soon. IN the mean while Google for "Guitar Classes in Bandra Mumbai" and u will find loads of ads. But dont just hop on to anyone. Make sure of the following:-
    1) What kind of music is the teacher into. What does he/she specialize into?
    2) What will he be stressing more on Rhythm Or Soloing. Or does he have a systematic approach towards building all the skills required. If yes get the details in advance and share with us.

This shud help in atleast getting you started somewhere.

9. gunnerwholelife

gunnerwholelife New Member

just checked out some Pro guitar academy videos . . . not that great !
    https://www.youtube.com/user/proguitaracademy

I learned all this on the net for free :(

But i took help of tabs which I dont want to . .

10. Vader

Vader New Member

i suggest travel to a good class than settle for a mediocre one...
    Bismark is mumbai's best
    also this guy called laurie lopez is pretty good...
    ask them what they plan to teach you...
    go to classes to learn scales and chord theory and stuff... not songs