Guitar Lessons-Help Needed?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by avspavan, Nov 5, 2006.

1. avspavan

avspavan New Member

Hi friends!

I have a question regarding guitar lessons. I am a beginner and I have been trying to learn playing chord progressions, finger picking and the regular guitar stuff. I see that there are hundreds of very very useful lessons in the forums. But I don't know what to learn, whats the order to practice. I feel that though there are hundreds of very useful lessons, beginners like me are not able to utilize them as they are scattered around in the forums. So I was thinking if its possible for any of the guitar expert in the group can put together a bunch of lessons together?If there are lessons arranged already this way, please direct me to them. I dont want my fellow guitar beginners to spend lot of time in just searching lots of things and start learning 10 things at one time and finally end up not learning anything. Please comment on this.

Thanks in advance
    Pavan

2. samar_singh

samar_singh New Member

check my thread

3. avspavan

avspavan New Member

Thanks!

Thanks dude! Its a nice collection of tutorials! I have a question regarding online paid tutorials. Do you think enrolling in any of the online classes would help? they charge like 30-50$. Did you come across anyone saying that they tried some online paid lessons and could learn something faster and better as those lessons claim?

Pavan

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

The best thing would be to join some guitar institutes. I don't think online class helps...

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

bettr you buy somme book
    or go to a class

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

It is extremely difficult to find an online course that encompasses all you need to truly learn the guitar in a proper fashion. Even if you do find the holy grail, motivating and inspiring yourself becomes another arduous task. Take it from someone who's been through his share of online courses and programs. It also depends on what your goal is, i would think. If at the end of the day you want to turn to your guitar as a de-stressing exercise by playing some songs, an online course could probably help you do that. But as i said before, if you want to learn the guitar and take it seriously, i suggest you take some classes atleast in the very beginning.