Guitar intonation

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by jekyll, Nov 16, 2005.

1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

seems like no one gives a feck about taking care of guitar ...
    :mad:
    the first site that i gave has many pages on fret buzz, noize, pickups, action, truss rod etc

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Amazing stuff dude. Reps to you.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Sorry dude. It says that I have spread Reps around before giving it to you.

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hehe

ok ... do the pass it on thing ...

the next (new) person who posts here - u rep him ... he will rep me in turn :grin:

6. shak

shak Harrr!

bu then it wont be fair .. cuz if ronnie reps me i'll get 2 rep points (i think) and if i rep someone .. they get 4 points (if i am correct) ..
    anyway ..i'll rep u if possible ...
    now to the topic ..
    the links are good .. u know i have always struggled to explain just why the strings might go out of tune after the octave (12 th fret) ... and why do you ever feel the need of gettin it intonated ... i guess its pretty clear now ..
    thnx jekyll .
    EDIT: nope ..need to spread some ...

7. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

man im a lazy jackass myself .. cant go thru all the shit on the site .. i guess i'll need a verbal explanation frm somebody someday :yawn:

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL. I already knew most of what was in that site thats why i didnt reply initially.

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ well true ...
    infact most of the people who have messed up (at least i have messed up two guitars) wil be knowing about it (additional knowledge of physics also helps ;) )

but the prob is explaining it all to others in writing ... so i posted the links ...
    anyway nice for u to drop in a line or two ...

10. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL. Whats there to explain in intonation. You have to learn it by yourself.

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ yeah but unfortunately many ppl either dont have the ability or the inclination or both ...

sad but true ... but then they wanna know about it ... so u have a hard time explaining things ...

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Many people dont want intonation. They play and play and quit saying their guitar aint good.

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LMAO

quite correct ... i know a few such quitters ...