Guitar hard case

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by guitardoctor, Dec 22, 2009.

1. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Today, I visited my first guitar store. I was surprisingly knowledgeable about all aspects of an electric guitar (I thank IGT) and I'm sure I'll be able to make an informed purchase. (Refer thread: https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=42987 )

The store was nice but he did not have all the guitars I wanted to look at. Over the next couple of days I'll visit some more of the guitar stores in Delhi before making the final purchase. I'll upload the full story of my experience later. Just one question right now:

How much does a guitar case (hard) cost? I was told by the salesman today that it cost 5.5k (!!!) and shocked me completely. I mean WTF, is the cost of the case 50% of the cost of the guitar? Bullshit. Anyone can give an update on this?

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya buddy hard shell case is costly.. in US it costs around 100$ for an Ibanez case.. others will also be in the price range of 70-80$(Gator etc).. in India they charge more than in US..
    Why do u need a hard case btw? I mean its required only if u're travelling and u're not allowed to carry the guitar with u along with the cabin baggage..

3. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

They did mention that a soft case is much cheaper, like 600 bucks... Had no idea there was this much of a price difference.

I just wanted an hard case for better protection of my guitar while carrying it around... I've already got an old hard case though... If hard cases are this expensive I'll just get my old one repaired instead of buying a new one...

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya if u already have then no point in buying a new one..foam padded will be fine as well..