Guitar goes out of tune?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ijlal, Jul 1, 2004.

1. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

hi all..
    my problem is this that when i tune my guitar and play it for two or three days regularly, it goes out of tune....

whats the problem??
    regards.

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

It only sayd that you are playing a lot.. So its nothing to worry about.. But if your guitar is going out of tune without playing a lot, then the tuning keys must be loose or you are using A heavier guage than required..

3. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

wat dya mean "heavier gauge"?

4. Theguitarist

Theguitarist New Member

Theres an electric tunner by which you can easily tune your guitar without assistence.It shows you the right frequency.The tuning is the most perfect one.For electric you just need to plug it in.And for acoustic it can only be done in a seilent room.You can get it from any good musical instruments shop.

5. jayanth

A heavier guaged strings will consist of thicker strings compared to something we call ultra light.. The 6st String will be of the guage of .58 and correspondingly the other strings.

6. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

well whenever it also goes out of tune whenever u play heavy..or when ur beating is heavy

7. jayanth

Something Like EVH or Metallica??

8. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

You may have new strings. They take time to set themselves up. Be patient if that is the case.

If not, they you haven't perhaps changed your strings properly. A properly wound up string (at the tuners) takes less toll on the tuning. As far as the string guage is concerned it really depends on the make of your guitar. Dreadnoughts work best with medium guage strings. The purpose of heavy guage is to make the guitar sound louder, though it is harder to play. Jayanth has a valid voint. Get your strings examined.

Raj

9. jayanth

They take hell lot of time.. If you guys didnt notice.