Guitar FX box alternative

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by dareprasad, Feb 15, 2006.

1. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

hey i've been using Guitar FX box on my pc.. IS there anyother such software, which gives all its effects..?

2. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

which guitar fx u r using
    guitar fx 3???
    or Guitar FX BOX 2.6

3. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

using 2.6.. i've 3.. but it has no crack..

4. nadish

nadish Active Member

if u find something like fxbox, then dont 4get to pm me.....

5. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

ME 2
    dont forget Me ;)

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Guitar fx seems to be the best choice for now, i'd like to know if anyone finds something different as well. I could try and get it for someone.....

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Does plugging your guitar in directly to your computer actually harm the speakers? If so, is there an alternative?

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Well, if you're just plugging it directly, i dont believe it to be a problem as i've done it here, BUT, if you're looping it through say, a pedal or an effects processor, you have to make sure that the output coming from them doesnt exceed the input capacity of the speakers, else, they'll blow up....simple.

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Hey , hav you used Revalver??? It has better gain than GuitarFX box 2.6. You can try this one ( It may be a bit noisy too :eek::).open the attachment, I have played a little solo (Well, I am not a good guitarist but tried my best :)) with accoustic guitar ( I repeat, Acoustic guitar), just hear the effect yourself! The effect I've used is metal effect. PM me for further instruction....

Attached Files:

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

how did you record this

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@sugata
    wid acoustic guitar :shock: could u plz enlighten us a bit...did u plug in ur acoustic guitar in ur computer?

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Has anyone tried Amptone??

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@Ambush and Vini..
    I did not plug in the guitar, Wot I did was that, I used a Microphone and inserted it into my guitar (I have F-hole guitar, that helps :)). After that, I just opened the program i.e Revalver, and inserted the metal effect and recorded the sequence with the inbuilt recorder of the program! That's all!
    Enjoy!

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Wow..thats actually great! i asked that coz my guitar is not having any pick up or port so i have do make do by using microphone externally..

can any1 plz give me a link to download any effects processor software?? :nw:

15. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Check UR Inbox...;)

16. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Thanx...could u plz plz enlighten me how to run it?..i have done the setup

.check my pm

17. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

i guess effects like delay and chorus are better on guitar fx box 2.56 when compared to others.there's one more soft called Gnuitar(yeah thats the spellin).i didn't like it much but u sud giv it a try.

18. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Go to Settings -> Save output to disk -> options -> give destination folder.

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Mesage sent :grin: ;)

20. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@sugata
    man..i did install revalver successfully!!...but there is some screeching sound coming from my recording i wonder why is that
    CHUCK THAT
    i thot of uploading a small clip here..but i realised a 10 seconds clip weighs 3.69 mb....what the heaven is that?? :shock: :shock: isnt the size a bit tooooo much for such a tiny clip?

Comment :Worried: