Guitar & Drums

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ToneZappa, Oct 3, 2010.

1. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

The Red Admiral... (Guitar & Drums)
    This was one of three takes and somehow seems to have a start, middle and end.!!!

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Can't really critique it. I just really enjoyed that.

3. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Hey thanks glad you liked it.

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Intro - "How's that bebop? o_O"
    0:31 - "Aha, now I know how."
    Lols.

Nice guitar work. I don't know if I liked the composition of the drums, though. It sounds fine for an intro, but for the whole song...idk.

5. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Thanks for listening. Its not a track as such but just playing to some midi drums. I did three tracks of guitar, two with a click track and one without. Thats the one you are listening to.

6. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

7. thehundredthone

No one on this forum is capable of improvising, let alone over that track. I think you should just post more of your music instead.

8. ultrabot90

Happy to say, that is no longer true ^_^

Now that I'm just gonna have to wait and see. I probably can't do anything over jazz changes yet, plus my stupid new net connection will bankrupt me if I download any more songs. x-P

+1 either way.

@ToneZappa, where d'you learn jazz?

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I thought you've posted some of your recording..

10. ultrabot90

Not just yet, mate.

Currently - Amp (Cube 15/20x vs Mobile Cube vs Cube Street vs Laney Cub vs BE3) -> guitar from Krappyguitars.com and a small bass combo.

The interface might be between that. (Though, thanks to your link and the help in the thread, it's not so out of reach for me anymore B) At one point I was contemplating foregoing the amp altogether and just getting an interface...but that has complications of its own.)

11. thehundredthone

If reading articles on how to play made one capable, I'd be ahead of all of you.

12. ultrabot90

Well,
    a. I haven't read anything recommended there.
    b. The last bit is the one - I've started improvising.
    And it's getting exponentially better every day. I just do I-V-I or I-IV-V-I kind of stuff with a consistent bass line (though I fail at counting bars in my head, so I ramble on for too long in every chord, mostly because I'm too bothered with applying ideas in the melody instead of keeping an eye on the chord progression or on the bars). Really nice results. Sounds like simple Fernando Sor pieces (except I don't use the guitaristic arpeggiated chords like most classical guitar pieces do).

FB update yesterday -
    Unfortunately, no further evidence for now. Unless you want me to record it on an MP3 player. I'm game for that.

13. thehundredthone

You won't know how bad you really are until I tell you, so it's best that you put up a recording.

14. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

I,ve heard some good players here and this backing track is only drums so you can play what ever you want, any notes, chords or style or sound, rock, jazz, blues its wide open and up to the player. Why don't you have a go.

The backing track is free download ....there aren't any chord changes on the backing track just drums. On my take I went over some changes but I could have just stayed on one chord. I didn't learn jazz I,m basically a rock player but never liked playing rock cliches.

If you read one article where something really intrigues you it will definitely improve your playing even if you didn't understand it properly it will get your mind and fingers working !!!! Ive never had any musical training but I can be inspired by anything, a word, a note, a memory, an emotion, a chord, maths, other peoples music..... even you.

What !!!

-TZ- :beer:

15. ultrabot90

@Zappa - Mate, what thehundredthone said was directed at me ;)
    Backing track - as ye can see, I didn't even hear it - mine's a limited MB connection, so music, videos, can't even think about them. I'll try, though, when the limit's refreshed in some ten days.

16. thehundredthone

I have exams right now so give me around until the end of this week/early next week.