Guitar Confusion

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by 111111, Jun 21, 2005.

1. 111111

111111 Banned

I am planing to buy new E. Guitar. But can't figure out which one. So please guide me to the right one. Which facilities should be I looking for in it (Eg. Tremelo, co4s, Switches. etc.). My price range is Rs.12000 for guitar only. And for effect processor and amp. are extra. I want it for playing in home and between friends. Also help me in buying effect processor, as I want to play rock and pop, both type of songs ( Eg. Smeels Lik Teen Spirit - Nirvana, My Sacrifise - Creed, Sultans of Swing - Dire straits etc.) but can't figure out effect processor to play sonds like these.

SO HELPpppppppppppppppppppppppp :help: .

2. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

u will be buying from india?if yes then i think custom guitars would be the best deal...they r in chennai....and wats ur budget for effect processor?......also wait for the pro IGTians'advice...

3. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Oh man this is like the millionth topic regarding purchase of electric guitar.

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

confused im damn damn dman confused and fused with ibanez and les paul.
    shud i get a gibson lespaul or a ephipone lespaul is a creaky question jumping in my mind. + i like the ibanez guitar which js holds.

5. rust_in_pain

haha get anything which ur budget allows and which satisfies some of ur needs cos there aint no ultimate guitar ...i said so before....

maybe we should make a sticky thread regarding this buying stuff with more emphasis on guitars which r suited for metal and hard rock...rabi has done it for fenders!

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i get into hard rock.not much of metal than iron maidn n judas priest n dream theatre n so on.so its both mixed.

@rust in pain - i agree to make it a stick y thread but i dont have enough money with me to buy sticky right now.

7. 111111

111111 Banned

Thx for replys. Yeah I live in india and my uncle lives in US but there is a rare possibility that I will buy from there. So I am buying it from india. I live in Ranchi, Jharkhand and I don't think that here is any provision for custom guitar. Many dealers keep Givson and Hobner guitars. Few also keep Fender and Ibanaze but they say to order first. So thats the problem. They show me givson 'G.S. 1000' and Givson 'Lead 2' models and told me these are mostly sold there and have good reps. in Ranchi. Tell me your thoghts on that model please. And for mybuget for effect processor, it is Rs. 6500.

8. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

okies, ma idea........i think there is no kool guitar shop near ur home............(is there in ranchi/purulia?)..............come to kolkata...........in reynolds......i saw 1 fender strat(dont rember its mexican or nt)........for only 11000.......looks good......gt 3 single coil pickups...looks cool though..........u can buy dat.......or ull get good guitars frm ibanez/fender for 15000-17000

bragenza/reynolds store many imported gears........u can check them........u don't need 2 order.:grin:........

else u can buy a custom guitar.......frm hobner/signature........pritty good actually;)

processors-------------------------------------------
    zoom 505II--4500

digitech
    rp80/50----4000-5000

btw best is is zoom 707II fr rs.7800......

9. 111111

111111 Banned

I was in kolkota 2 months before but at that time, there was no plan to buy a guitar. I think I will be going there in few months or may be not. So if u can put any link and model number which u think realy kool will help a lot. Please put link where I can see picture as well as its features. That will help a lot.Also I am getting 707 II in Rs. 7500 and now I think its good deal.

Thanks Lifty.

10. rust_in_pain

i know people hate givson here but i have played GS1000 but u cant get better for "5k".its action is low and tone is ok if played through a marshall mg and with a good set of strings.
    But for 12k u should definately go for fenders (although chinese but better than indian ones)

effects :digitech rp80-6800rs (as quoted on bharat's website..u can negotiate a bit)dunno abt kolkata prices

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I checked J&D guitar recently. It was 6K and it was amazing for it's price. This was a USA made guitar. Givson sucks in front of it. I'd prefer spending another 1K more and get a J&D. Or dude, spend 8.5K and get a GB&a. I'd suggest this over Tulasi guitars as others adviced. I am a Tulasi guitar user and I know it's plus and minus better than other guys whose ideas about it are from word of mouth.

13. sudhin

sudhin New Member

Hey the best option I have seen in 20 years of playing guitar is the Yamaha Pacifica. It has been voted the best factory. made guitar ( as opposed to hand made custom jobs). Its got top class workmanship and parts and sounds killer for the sounds of the bands you mentioned.

If its practice you want not stage then I sugegst the Roland micro cube at approx. 7K it offers amazing sounds -even COSM amp. modeling technology, effects like phaser, flanger, delay, reverb, distortions and overdrives right up to heavy rectifier amp sounds for deep distortion and tremolo all in one bundle and a great combo amp runs even on batteries!!!! amazing. The sound is unbeatable and is enough to jam with friends and even loud enough with a live drummer in session. Its clean s a whistle even with loud distortion - something that cheaper processors cannot boast about.

Thats my bet and all at a price you can afford.

14. rust_in_pain

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

^^^^^sorry, btw reynolds had a website...........i think nt now:aggre:

:sdt:

16. shak

shak Harrr!

17. 111111

111111 Banned

Thanks u all buddies. What do u think about chinies or indonesian FENDER. Is that fine. Also could I buy Ibanaze or Gibson in that buget.

18. 111111

111111 Banned

Thx Lefty. Those links were real help.

19. 111111

111111 Banned

Hey mates, I have downloaded guitar fx 3.4 but can't process the sound. It refuses to open and says it need internet connection to activate. I don't have internet access at home and works with cafe. How can I make it work. Anybody, help.

Also i have found a fender without tremelo. I can buy it but don't know that without tremelo, will tremelo effect of my processor will work. Tell me about it too.
    :please:

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah, i also got into the same kinda trouble very often.it doesnt open when your offline.and once it opens it doesnt work out it always gives some or the other error about a file being missing.so i got pissed off and deleted that thing.i had an earlier version which worked but there was a lotta disturbances while playing.well its gotta work. out.