Guitar Competition !!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zohaib, Nov 19, 2004.

1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Well lets start the guitar competition and let try to figure out that whcih guitar is the best.
    the criteria is as follows

Tone Range Of the Guitar ( eg gibson )
    Tone Quality of the Guitar ( eg gibson )
    Action of the Guitar ( eg jackson )
    Look Of the Guitar ( eg parker )
    Handling of the Guitar ( eg fender )
    Shape of the Guitar ( eg BC Rich )
    Cost of the Guitar ( eg ibanez the low the cost the better )
    Life of the guitar ( eg kramer )

The competition begins !!!!!!!

2. pro_Guitar

pro_Guitar New Member

I don't think thats a very good idea.
    If you are really out to set apart the Best guitar based on Benchmarks meaning A standard testing ground, you are most welcome. But otherwise, its Just not practical and does not mean anything.

The tone range and Tone Quality will depend on the string guage, pickups, Bridge[If it is a power bridge] and Amp you're using.

Action of the guitar will differ on guitars of the same make. They will be close but normally not the same . Also may depend on the style of music or the need for, say , A low action for Speed Metal.

Cost of the guitar- How do you Justify that Lower the Cost the better Doesn't make sense - Cost directly relates to Quality.
    And the cost will change with location and other marketing strategies.

Well maybe we can have a BEST LOOKING GUITAR COMPETITION
    Which obviously includes the Shape of the guitar.

Don't know about the Life of the guitar. They will remain as long as you want them to remain. Be it a Givson or a Gibson.

I've got a 1959 Gibson Standard besides 9 other guitars, the most sort after guitar rated and as rated by Experts because of the way it is built but doesn't necessarily make it the Best guitar on the planet. Slash will disagree with me LOL.

Comeon guys lets talk about Technical problems,
    *Setups,
    *Building tone banks for Processors [Meaning if you have a sound cracked close to an effects setting on your favourite Processor for a particular favourite Riff, Share it.]
    * Amp problems and settings.
    * Places to Buy Guitar Equipment and the likes. [Don't overdo it though]
    * Guitar Software Issues and Interfacing.[There's a whole world out there.] I got a software which interfaces my guitar to a Computer system and Creates Fractals or edit Movie clips onto the Backdrop display based on the riff I'm playing.

Think thats why this Forum was setup. Lets make it a lil interesting and worthwhile before Someone talks about holding a best looking Amp competition.

3. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Very good points Pro. Excellent refutation.

Zohaib, I'm afraid a real competition would begin and end with you because guitars are a very personal thing. Everyone's tastes differ as to what is best; it's a case of each to their own. A guitar you think reigns supreme maybe on someone else's "pile-of-shit" list. It all depends on the sound, feel, look, etc you're after.

If you want my opinion on your post - a Gretsch White Falcon wins hands down in every one of those categories. I've played a ton of guitars and nothing has come close to it. In saying that, I'd be very surprised if anyone else agreees with me, not that I would either expect them to eihter. Take heavy metalers or those into rap-metal stuff. I'm sure there's a large proportion of them who would think that the White Falcon is the biggest peice of shit known to man. That's fair enough bcause its their opinion and it doesn't suit their sound. My opinion is somewhat similar because I absolutely hate Ibanez guitars although I don't expect anyone to agree with me.

4. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

well just wanted ur comments about the topic i gave ....
    well ............ if u just cant so no problems but
    if u would have given some commments to acha hota

5. majeedz

majeedz New Member

BC Rich RoooooooooooooooooooCKS!

6. bhaskarkolita5

bhaskarkolita5 New Member

Candidature

Dear Executive,
    I've been playig Guitar since many years now and want to participate in Guitar competition. Please let me know the rules and regulation and whatis expected from me.I want to become the best Guitar man of this country.
    With Regards,
    Bhaskar Kolita

7. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

Me too :)

Yes a comparison would be pointless, as has been proved in hundreds of forums.
    You can compare features of the guitars, but saying that a action is good low than high would be wrong. Ask BB King - his string height standards are twice that of Gibson recommended.

btw, pro_guitar, man you gotta be one lucky sonovabitch to have a 1959 Les Paul. So is it a 1959 LP or a '59 LP?