Guitar classes in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Find a Guitar Teacher or Classes' started by avin7000, May 19, 2011.

1. avin7000

avin7000 New Member

I have decided to learn Guitar in my holidays.

Are classes worth ? Useful ? or it is better to learn myself ?

If it is waste of money, then I can utilize same money in purchasing Guitar.

If going classes is good, then suggest me a good tutor / classes near to Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

I can attend classes everyday, 2-3 hours / day. Want to make most of my holidays, so. I can attend for 1 to 1.5 months.

So, how much fee would be ? Approx ? and also, do I need to own a guitar or they provide one :p

Thank you :)

Super-Admin likes this.
  2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Avin - Going to classes always help ... but going to classes alone will never help ...

Put in simple words, if you are dedicated to learn, and if you can put in number of hours into practice everyday, you'll do great in couple of weeks .. A teacher is like a 'catalyst', they'll speed up your learning process, they'll help you with some quick-tips and tricks, guide you in the right direction thus avoiding the pit falls, which you might otherwise end up in.

A teacher will do a lot good to you if you are serious, and if you put in dedicated effort under your teachers guidance, then you should do awesome !!

And my advice is, while you start your guitar classes please use a second hand guitar, don't ever start practicing on a new guitar. Shift to a new one, only when you get some hold.

Regarding cost, it varies from person to person, depending on their expertise and knowledge. However 500 - 1000 / month, for 2 classes a week is what you should look at.

If you have any doubts, do make sure to drop a word..

All the best :)

3. avin7000

avin7000 New Member

Thanks for the reply !

By your reply, I made up my mind to go for a classes, atleast for few days.

I going to bangalore this summer for some work, I am not a Bangalore resident. So I don't want to waste week days, that's why I am searching for a tutor / classes / institute which conduct classes daily some 2-3 hours. You see, I don't wanna waste my time in Bangalore when I am there ;)

4. avin7000

avin7000 New Member

Any specific market / website to find old guitars ? Will be posting here to :)

5. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Avin - There are no specific markets per se, however you can find used guitars in some shops. It should not cost you more than 800 - 1000 to find a decent condition used guitar.

Remember, you always learn in an old Maruthi 800 before you buy your Swift, it's just like that. Make sure you learn all the dirty tricks on your old guitar, never maculate your new guitar :)

I can give you some contacts, though these shops are little away from where you plan to go. For around 1.5 - 2K, you can get a brand new guitar for beginners which can last a year or more, if you use it every day. To start with, that's what you should be looking at, if you are not comfortable with second hand guitars.

PM me for more details.

Cheers,

6. avin7000

avin7000 New Member

Thanks for replying !

I get it, and I have decided to go for used ones.

Initially I planned to go for low-budget Guitars which costs 2-3k [givson etc], but people suggested me to get a good one. They said if it cannot sound well, then you cannot enjoy playing it at all ! And also added they won't be comfortable. So I increased my budget to get a Yamaha one, costing around 6k [I guess]. But, many people, including you, telling me to get old/used ones, so I will go for old ones only.

anyway this was my first thread, please have a look - showthread.php?t=47962

and YGPM :)

7. svbvyas

svbvyas New Member

Want to learn guitar but dont know where to start? Learn beginner music theory and fretboard thoery essential for improvising. Also learn how to read sheet music. So if you want individual attention and learn theory along with guitar, please
    Contact
    Vyas
    Banashankari
    Ph#-8105512562
    Fees- Rs.400 per month(weekly two classes) includes fretboard sheets and study material for theory.