Guitar Chord Theory

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Abdullah1986, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Abdullah1986

Abdullah1986 New Member

Hey everyone, im new to this site and guitar as well. I haven't learned much yet. i learned from a software tutorial. i was taught only 12 most common chords in that. I was not taught about the chord theory. Can someone please explain me that or suggest an appropriate website so i can understand chord theory.
    Thanx

2. dakoo

dakoo New Member

3. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Most major and minor chords are made from the 1st,3rd & 5th notes of the scale.
    A major scale can be formed from the foll. formula:-

R-T-T-S-T-T-T-S
    where R=root. T=1 tone distance from prev note . S=1 semitone distance.

For eg.:-Scale of C major is C D E F G A B.
    so, the chord C = C E G.

A minor scale is obtained by flattening the 3rd, 6th & 7th notes of the major scale.

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

OYE DAKOO ...

MAST NAME ... seriously man ... MAST NAME ...

LMAO ...

5. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

are you looking at how chords are formed? that is why / how a C major is made of C E G ?

or are you asking about which chord to use where in a song?

please specify, even if you want to know both

6. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

HI Dakoo! I gave the hurried basics of chord formation in the last post.But Bandbaajaa asked an excellent question -- how 2 know which chords 2 play in a song? Wel, if,for eg., if u r playing a song in C scale, then most songs will be restricted to the following chords: C,Dm,Em,F,G,Am.
    Check it out 4 urself by forming the chords from Cmaj scale by taking the alternate notes,as I posted previously. Happy guitaring!!