Guitar center shipping to India???WTF!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by theghost, Nov 27, 2010.

1. theghost

theghost New Member

Logged on after a long time to the Gc website and was surprised!The prices are in Rs
    But it seems not all brands are included...hmmm

waddya think?

2. theghost

theghost New Member

Aaaah limited items,shipping is abt Rs10,000 for a small amp,Rs5000 for a guitar add the duty and vat and ends up being more costly than the local price.
    eh!

3. flood

flood New Member

well, glad you figured that one out on your own, eh? :)

4. flood

flood New Member

who the **** came up with these lameass smileys anyway? how is a standard smiley equal to a bling-bling smiley? yeesh.

5. theghost

theghost New Member

Well...... :)

6. knopfler

knopfler Gear Guru

US trade laws wont let them ship the brands that are officially available in India, but this is a great way to get your hands on the stuff that isn't available in India.

The shipping rates and duties...yeah those will hurt a little. Who knows, today they're looking at the Indian market in a small way. Tomorrow, there could be a Guitarcenter chain opening up here :)

7. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Ameen, LOL, I wish that happens to these monopolists here in India, selling instruments at Disgusting prices will learn a lesson. I wish to get a Marshall All tube amp, a DSL 50 or a JCM 800 50 W amp, hope my dream comes true some day when i can pay a reasonable price to get the amp i need.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Hush, you never know whether the principal offers a Max retail price or Min recommended price.

I know that Nikon (cameras) does the Min Recommended Price model, and the dealers cannot dip below that price.