GuitaR and Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cronix, Dec 17, 2006.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

go for a ESP MH250 or something...comes with damn good pickups ....or maybe Ibanez RGs....Jacksons...c'mon keep an open mind...epiphones are good to...but to play metal i think it will need a pupgrade

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

The LP has a 24 3/4" scale with 22 frets. It's smaller than you think.
    AFAIK The Fender has a 25.5" scale, so it depends on which one you'd be more comfortable with.

If you're talking brand wise I guess Fender (not Squire) has a better reputation that Epiphone.

@laneymaney: The Trivium guitarist(s) use LPs, as does/did Zakk Wylde.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

but both of them have upgraded their pickups...which i said to do if he got a LP :)

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Hell, even Maiden upgrades the pickups on their Strats. You can only go so far as to say that a guitar is not suitable for a particular type of music ;)

5. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

epiphones are very well crafted...only thing u wud want to do is change the pickups for playin hard core metal..tho hard rock wud do ok with the stock ones..
    @thehundredthone, i guess that fender hes talkin abt is made-in-mexico :) so imo, they r almost equal.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Definitely. Right out the box it has some good patches that you can try out and you can always download new ones off of their website. If you're not satisfied you can always get the upgrade of a bunch of amp models that'll give you a versatile list of tones to explore. So yes, basic metal and rock and tone, POD XT is the way to go.

7. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^get an EMG active or SD JB/59 passive set if u get the Les Paul WITHOUT Doubt....and yes the PODXT is quite decent.....

@whoever above: Who said PODXT isnt good for DeathMetal Sounds...I have used it quite a number of times & its very good actually :)

8. d_ist_urb_ed

Hmm, that is not my experience, but sure maybe i dont know how to use it.

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^LOL ya ya U pull my leg.

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Between a Fender fat strat and Epihone LP i would say Fender.. I do hope you are refering to FENDER and not Squire though. Replace the pickups and you got one great guitar.. If you play metal try out Duncan distortions over the JB- JAZZ set... The JB-Jazz set is great..and versatile, but I wont recommened that set for METAL. May be JB- 59, would work better. I personally use the JB and love it.. By the way when u say metal.. How heavy are you reffering to and what Bands are you reffering to?

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

too add even a squire will work Beautiully with replacement pickups so will the Eiphone.. It is your choice actualy.. I am more of a Strat fan so I am biased towards it.

12. petermasc

petermasc New Member

check out the gnx3k its around 24-25k ,you can download patches.you can also purchase custom amp models and patches for it for around $66.would have bought it but dont have the cash rite now.the gnx has a better/more realistic tone compared to the boss/pod.if i were u i would have gone in for the epiphone lp.swap out the pups later for a s.d. jb+jazz set.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

Dude, best advice probably. Go play all four of them and see what you like. There is no replacement for actual playing and listening. If you cant, ignore this.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Yup.
    But if the guy is in India, then its entirely possible that the shop would not be having even a single "sample" piece.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well he IS in India.
    Which means he is doomed.

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^ true....i once went to try out a DS-1 and the guy said buy and try

17. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

but the squires are less durable/reliable.even more they are badly set. that sucks.
    ive played a handfull of both guitars thats y i say this..

btw, the guy shud list out some bands his style reflects.

18. d_ist_urb_ed

:shock: Eww, here you can go to Sam Ash and sit down and play the guitar from morning to night, whatever guitar you want to play and whichever effects pedal/processor you like. As long as you dont break it, they're happy. It's beautiful, but it's also counter-productive cause it creates GAS in you..... I just love going there, taking the JEM and plugging it through a Pod XT and Spider, ahhh they literally have to throw me out at the end of the day though. Back to topic, it's shameful that policy of theirs and they wonder why there's not much market for musical instruments. Phooey.

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

It's gr8 in Kolkata... Go to braganza....play the guitar for hours....buy it if u lyk it :grin:

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea its a bad scene over here...thats why i get all my stuff from bajaao these days...if i dont like it..i just send it back..:)