GuitaR and Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cronix, Dec 17, 2006.

1. cronix

cronix New Member

Hey help me out here.... i want to get a good guitar and a processor... shortlisted two guitars and two processors.... help me chose one

Guitars :

Fender Fat Strat
    Epiphone les paul

Processors :

Boss GT8
    Line6 Podxt Live

Any other alternative advices are also welcome

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

also check out digitech's gnx3 and other models, as u seem to have a good budget!

and u already got an amp??

3. cronix

cronix New Member

Yeah i have an amp.... i checked out digitech too but i intend to get one of these.... digitechs are slightly out of budget

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

POD XT live + Fat Strat (my choice coz I dun lyk LEs Paul :p:)

5. cronix

cronix New Member

i wanna play more towards the metal side.... so i chose fat strat due to the humbucker.... will a normal strat satisfy this criteria

6. yazi

yazi Banned

If it ain't fat, it ain't good" My friend is a myth for both life and wi.......

Why don't u land ur @rse with:

Fat strat + Amt tube Hall reverb + Amt Platinum Tube + etc

7. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

epiphone and gt8

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

neither of those guitars and a Gt-6 (cus ppl say theres not much of a diff between Gt6 and Gt8) Or you could get a G9.2tt. About the guitars....get a metal guitar like Jackson , ESP or Ibanez

9. rohit

rohit New Member

gibson les paul or epiphone?
    i would definitely go for les paul.

10. rohit

rohit New Member

and processoer-podxt

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Yes, Don't use Strat if u r into metal coz it has single Pickup and that irritates...

Instead go for Kramer Striker series (COSTS 20K + IN india)........Or Kramer focus series if u have low budget.....Kramer guitars give really good punch......

U can try ESP guitars also but those are really expensive :mad:

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Also look for les paul but i hate the look :p:

13. yazi

yazi Banned

Men are from mars, you from ......................................................................................................................................

14. cronix

cronix New Member

guys can anyone tell me is the EPIPHONE les paul good for playing metal.... and i need more suggestions on the processor part... thats where i am confused

15. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

POD XT Live definitely.

sanju_strings likes this.
  16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

My experience, the POD XT live puts out *beautiful* tone for bluesy, clean, low-distortion, effects based stuff, i found it lacking in the hardcore death metal distortion stuff, or maybe i'm too cheap to buy the extra patches. From experience with a musician here in the university who plays covers of Nile, Children of Bodom among other things, generally speaking Boss processors are good at duplicating them. But his advice is, if you really want to sound good, buy pedals.

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

There is no 'popular' guitar that can't play metal as such. (Well maybe Gretsch and other semi-hollows, but that's a different thing)

Both the Fat strat and the LP are good guitars. With the Fat strat you have a little more variation in sound because of the neck and middle single coils. It depends also on where you like your pickup selector because in the LP's its on the upper part of the body.

As for the processor the PODXT is upgradable (firmware and patches), and the Boss, is well, Boss.

Though if you only play metal you could go in for single pedals to do your job - they do it best. Probbly a distortion pedal, eq and a volume/wah pedal (and add more as you find yourself using more)

What amp are you playing through? That's going to matter a lot.

18. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

all that stuff is pretty decent..

19. cronix

cronix New Member

I am right now an owner of a Marshall 30DFX amp which is good for my regular practice and stuff.... the thing is i am getting the processor from my friend abroad and i dont wanna order lots of pedals due to transport hassels when i can get a single processor to do the stuff for me.... Also does a Epiphone LP compare good against a Fender Strat.

Till now decided upon POD XT + LP.... Not finalized yet

@disturbed : I aint going HARDCORE Heavy metal... Is POD Xt good for playing Basic metal and rock... i like it due to the USB connectivity and upgradability.

20. rohit

rohit New Member

i think fender strat will be better than epiphone lespaul.