guide me....is it true ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by astroguru26, Jan 25, 2006.

1. astroguru26

astroguru26 New Member

hi guys,

seeing the various tracks sung previously by artist in forum and posted in own voice.....personally i feel when we sung the other artist the track is infatuated by the original compostion......we follow the scales and all as maintained....

do we feel the vocals change when we sing our own compostion and all? i mean ORIGINAL...... where talent matters the song sung by previously someone or what we sing and create the originality..untouched...?

whether we are loosing the original composition by our forum members?...
    we have so many great lyricist and good musician in this forum..cannot they try to compose the original lyrics.....sorry for what i said......i felt what i said...

no time to compose or just churning the same tracks in their vocals....? which is easy ..life has another work also.....might be :think:

just a thought..plz comment

rohit
    astroguru26

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I feel much the same way....but since I'm not doing any original compositions myself these days, I hardly have room to talk. But then again, I've never been a talented writer or songwriter.

You raise an important issue though.

Having said that, covers can be quite awesome sometimes. Look at Hendrix doing All along the watchtower......but covers do need a "stamp" of your own musical sense on them. Also, covers are a better yardstick for comparison (though that in itself might not be a good thing sometimes).

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

agreed^^^

the only thing we see is Jal-Aadat and some other stuff being covered. I personally do not enjoy covers being done by someone who has a good sense of music and song writing, nevertheless, I would enjoy them covering stuff which actually tests their potential.

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

well....
    we have ppl here on igt who post their own recordings...
    i think covers sound a bit appealing.......maybe thats why ppl go for covers
    i have a "smells like teen spirit" cover by "pearl jam"..
    and that cover is as good as the original track..

5. ElysiaN

ElysiaN d@Rk\/\/@|\|deReR

covers of course have something which everyone can relate to....for originals i can't say much as i don hv that talent but a lot of people here do have...
    @astroguru26 - ...u hv made a gr8 effort in all ur compositions :beer: https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=469058 :rockon:

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

covers need not be sad always ... For eg .. Garage Inc , NIB , Numbers from The beast ... Catch the rainbow ...
    When u do covers it doesnt mean u need to rip everything and try to sound like original ... If u wanna do that u cant ....
    Look at wild world , cats in the cradle all are awesome covers ...

7. zing

zing Machine Head

methinks u r bein 2 modest hehe

8. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

i think with this topic there is another thing worth considering........ while doing covers ppl tend to lose the recognition of their own potential........ and reach out for the stuff that they dont have...... i'll give u my example............ after notty and abhi im the next one who's got loads of covers :D.......anyways.......whichever cover i do obviously i try to match the same tone and pitch of the original song.......but in that process i tend to forget that my original voice is not of that kind.......n ultimately i come up with crap.........its neither my natural voice......nor its anywhere near the original singer tone..........

its worth considering........... doing covers is always good .........especially to build up ur skills.......but keeping one thing in mind.......u've to tune urself for the skills........not to replicate.........so in that sense i cannot have an exactly the same voice as of ali azmat..........but yes.......if i practice his songs.........atleast i can gain this skill of singing at high notes.......with my natural voice.........not trying to replicate..........and doing justice to the song as well................. i think i've said a bit of the mouthful............ if u could get me thats gr8 if not im sholly :p: i cant explain well probably :p:

sixstringsin and bjr like this.
  9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

dude ... thts the diff b/w guys like paul gilbert and christy(moksha) ... or james hetfiled and Devraj (Brahma) or for that matter ... slash and sonum ........

So its better if we dont even bother to spk of covers ... Coz wht we do is not covers ...
    Have u heard all along the watch tower ... I shot the sherrif , Knocking on heavens door (greatful dead) ....... Some songs r so diffrent they can be called another song ... And cover albums will surely sell more than a best ...

10. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

:p: i neva expected that im gonna get reps for my post in this topic :p: thanx sixstring n bjr (Y)