guidance needed

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhi.danej, Mar 30, 2007.

1. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

hi guys,
    i'v been having this givson crown for 4 years now...and its getting old now. its good for begginers though, but now i'm enticed by smooth sounding accoustics. i saw a friends givson/rose wood...dont remember the model...sounded very nice so i'm think of getting a new one.
    now the problem arises wt shoud i buy ? electric or accoustic ? i'm learning western classical, and usual stuff too (chords n scales. i'm not going to any class, just following ebooks). accoustic is good for learning and EASIER to use/handy. my budget is 5~6 k. decent electrics start from 7/8k (upto my knwldg)....so i'm confused. mayb its not the right time for electric now. coz i think one shd have good grasp on the basics n everything before going for electric. i hope to buy widin 20 days or so. kindly advise on what type of guitar should i get, and wat company and frm where ? i'm in noida/delhi.
    take care :)

2. yazi

yazi Banned

As for the guitar type, you have a misconception. Just because electrics are costly, they are not for advanced people. Its easier to learn on an electric than on an acoustic. To prove my point, just go to Onstage, Lajpat Nagar and ask for Mr. Jasbeer. Tell him you are a friend of Rohit(Joint Family, he is my friend). Play all you want to.

As for the guitars, look in the older threads of the forums and do some research on the internet. Get down a list of what you want and we will give you advice.

Cheers.

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

an acoustic guitar hardens the tips of ur fingers faster, so the chords nd all become easier earlier>

4. yazi

yazi Banned

Yes, But sometimes that becomes too hard to play, especially without guidance and can lead too lack of motivation and eventual quitting.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i played acoustic for 6 months and i was so disappointed cus i sucked so bad and i was about to quit. But then i got my electric and i havent put it down since then! As for tightening up the fingers. I kinda disagree....they do to a certain extent but the electric guitar will do the same in a little longer period of time.

+2 for electric.....btw me and thehundredthrone have got some used guitars for sale if your interested.

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

And mine is in your budget!

7. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@ Laney, I thought you were keeping the Ibanez?

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Im trying to sell the slammer.....since im keeping the ibanez. I just need one guitar. Im willing to part with it for 7k now lol. I just dont like neglecting guitars. They are like people and they need attention. I havent played my acoustic in like 4 months and its pretty pissed.
    LOL

9. abhi.danej

abhi.danej New Member

@ rohit,
    thanks for that info. in wt range can i get electric. clarify me this - wt about amplifier for electric ? including tht cost wht will decent guitar cost me ? secondly, for classical learning hwz electric ?

(finger hardening isnt an issue wid me though :) )

@laneymaney, thehunderthone
    which guitar do u have for sale ? slammer u said...its electric, if i'm not wrong. gimme some details n all. can ping me on yahoo too, leave an offline: bondabhi@yahoo.com

thanks,
    abhishek

10. thehundredthone

For classical learning only classical guitars will do.
    They have a wider neck, lower number of frets, nylon strings, etc.

See my signature for details about the guitar. It has active pickups and a Floyd Rose trem (err, the arm is missing and I'll have to find a replacement).

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

wow thats the way hundred!

added u on MSN threadstarter

12. yazi

yazi Banned

Compete, Compete, Sell ur stuff!

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Lawl! Hey yazi offtopic but did u get that fender?

14. yazi

yazi Banned

The vintage Strat? Nah. I went to a Lamb of God show.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Wow....now u buying the Will Alder ESP sig?

16. yazi

yazi Banned

Nah, I meant to say, I was into metal earlier, but not that seriously. Now I'm diving in. I am gonna buy the Jackson DXMG Dinky. Customized version. Got a quote of $1300.Working y ass off now. :beer:

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Sweet, where from?

18. yazi

yazi Banned

USA jackson factory only.Went on a tour, talked to the luthier and got it.

19. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

Does he give discount if we take rohit's name?

20. thehundredthone

:shock:
    How could you do such a thing? You woulda got a Boogie Street Washburn for that much! Can you imagine?!! With Bareknuckle Warpigs!