GT8 or POD XT Live?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Sayan, Mar 23, 2006.

?

Boss GT8 or POD XT Live

Poll closed Apr 2, 2006.
  1. Boss GT8

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Line 6 POD XT Live

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. Sayan

Sayan New Member

Which one would u consider among the two processors which are nearly within the same price range?

2. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

Well, as i am using a podxt, so my choice... but i havnt tried the gt8, wud like to take the ride once....

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I hate teh code names like GT-8 (Sounds like Ford GT-40)

So name wise I like POD.

POD is sopposed to have better sounding Amp simulations and micing (for direct recording).

The best person to answer this will be Abhijitnath, he has played both of 'em. Ultimately he decied on POD. Better ask him.

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Then there's nothing to ask.

POD XT live for me too.

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

pod xt live rocks

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

As stated above, the boss GT-8 has better effects BUT the POD has better amp sims.
    I managed to get my hands on a GT-8.....To me, the amp sims sounded kinda digital.
    However the GT-8 is more flexible than a POD for example - U can use two stompbox sims simultaneously, I dont think this can be done with a POD.

So its up to you...depends on what you need.

Try and play through a GT - 8 and a POD and decide for u'rself

7. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Pods more well known........................

8. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Thanks Chintan.:beer:
    It depends on the purpose you want..if you're going to plug into a guitar amp, the GT-8 is much better. For direct recording, pretty much nothing beats the POD...sometimes not even a tube amp miced sounds as good. Another thing to consider is that most of us use equipment in our houses at low volumes, and this is where the POD shines. It sounds like a recording of a guitar as it would sound on a CD, not an amp itself..its up to you whether you like that sound.
    Its also not very flexible..as pointed out you can't have two stomps or effects in any order like you can on a GT-8. But the GT-8's abysmal, thin sounding amps and horrendous user interface completely put me off. What's the point of all that flexibility if the base sound is so obviously digital? It's time for Boss to ditch the obselete COSM modeling algorithm and have the same awesome effects with better amp sims.

9. Sayan

Sayan New Member

I play mostly on a Stanger cube 30 at low volumes. Direct Recording is not required by me at the moment. But I have heard that besides its original price, u have to pay 100$ more for the POD to get the the amps from their website. Is it true?

10. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Thats just an add on. There's no neccesity to buy it. It comes with amp and pedal models already. This just is an upgrade.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Aye, i didnt need to get the add-on, atleast not until now, a bit of tweaking and some help from their patches website, i've found metal heaven..........just back from a session of EVH- Eruption :grin:

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

so sayan, how many times i have to tell u tht man buy teh podxt live......???

pod rox man...deep da uses it......so every dist u hear on reordings of their songs and live shows r on pod

13. Sayan

Sayan New Member

Please guys have some mercy on GT8. It doesn't deserve just 2 votes, does it?

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Do you want to know which one is better or are you just trying to get someone to endorse the GT8? If the former i dont see why you want us to have "mercy" on the GT8.

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

if u want gt8 den buy it, and if u want pod xt live, den do da same to it.

both r gr8...........

or buy mesa tri axis:p:

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dont buy any processor.

Buy a tube amp for your overdrive/distortion. (Well you can a buy a tube-rack version also)
    Buy a rack for effects.

17. Sayan

Sayan New Member

thanks for ur views guys