Gt8 or different pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vbpart4, Feb 19, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

gah...still learning...i dont have much free time to sit and record...something always comes up....but i will start dont worry. Dont expect something great..

@DagMx : I have a feeling that the only reason you are leaning towards the GT8 is because its famous and xnum of people have it. The KorgAX300G has almost everything you stated and it sounds much better IMO.
    Check it out...and its much cheaper..

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dude.....you are making the same mistake again........A Midi Controller is just a Midi Controller. It need not come with 8 buttons. It can with 2 buttons like a TC Electrornic G Minor or check out this Behringer FCB which has 10 banks and 2 expression pedals or in your words it has 12 buttons and 2 expression pedals.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dont get a Morley Wah...........It's the worst Wah Pedal made in History of Wah Pedals. It;s a joke. Get a Vox V847 or Dunlop Crybaby. At least you wont regret getting these.

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Great! Then get the vox 847, and mod it over time(TB switch+ resistors -> caps-> inductor($15-30) -> pot($15-30)).You should be able to get a great sound with a few changes. The mods are well documented and easily available on the net.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Mebbe the G7 doesnt sound that good after all.
    :RollLol:

Laney, I would really wanna hear the tubes in that processor.

With gain kept at 1 or 2, lesse how good are the dynamics, how "organic" is the tone, and how much presence it has.

PS: Please dont take it as "hating processors". Its just that I hate these "tube" gimmicks introduced by marketing companies.

6. loyal

loyal New Member

Korg AX3000G has a decent wah!! ( some consider it to be the best among processors ) modeled over vox 847/848. as laney has already said try Korg AX3000G before u decide it may just fit ur bill.

7. DagMX

DagMX New Member

mm..no i said its no good for live use. I haven't altered my argument and your trying to twist my words till I get into a situation where your argument wins over mine.

I also already said its a matter of opinion and how your looking at it.

8. DagMX

DagMX New Member

okay, now your just being childish. I understan what a midi controller is. I never said that all midi controllers are like the rig kontroller.
    Look, let it rest. You are looking at the argument from one way and I'm looking at it from another.

For me, using computer based modelling is just no good for live use. Its not feasible for me. I just plain cannot do it. I'm not saying its not possible or that its crazy to do it. I'm just saying, for me(and probably for a lot of others), relying on computers is not something I can do. Maybe you can and so can a lot of others, but I cannot.

As for you calling the GT-8 crap, I think sound is subjective. I've heard it myself and I think it sounds great. But you may not think so. Its like you may not like the way a guitar feels, but i will. Or the way I might like a phone and you'll love it.

and @laney, yeah i guess it does seem like I lean towards the GT-8. But I have looked at a lot of MFX from the popular ones(Vox Tonelab, ones from zoom, the XTL, the GNX3000 ad the GT-8) as well as smaller less popular ones(the digitech ex-7, the korgs etc...) and in all this research, THe gt-8 has got splendid reviews. I've asked owners of all the pedals about any latency in effects and during switching and the GT-8 had the least.
    I can think of a lot of uses for the dual amp modelling and the picking dynamics.

and at ronnie, im not just a mindless fanboy. I've thought it all through. For me, the GT-8 is the best.

and you were right in saying I'll say it 'is to your liking', because it really is. For me, the use of computers on stage is not a good idea. Though if it works for you, thats great. But thats not how it is for me.

Now let this argument go. An opinion can never be wrong, and I stand by mine.

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@alpha1: Tube. No s :p

A single tube can give you some tube characteristics, but I doubt you can drive it much.

AFAIK the reason tube amps sound good is because the preamp and poweramp stages are operated by tubes.

It lights up nicely though - there was a Behringer device that claimed to have a tube which was actually a glass tube with a bulb behind it. :RollLol:

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

reviews dont say shi0t. U gotta play them ....and btw Dag: have u actually heard a pedalboard ? and if so which pedals did you use to conclude that the Gt8 will be better. And as far as i know the VOX processors have much better reviews than the GT8

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@alpha : its not great but its enough. After playing ronnies pedalboard i dont respect it. But its more than enough for me cus ill be using my DM for distortion and maybe a wah in the future ccus the wah on that thing blows

12. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I have heard pedalboards live and I have used pedals myself(digitechs: mostly distortion pedals and the ex-7, as well as a few boss standalone and few others i can't remember).
    Yes they sound good, but the tonal difference didnt justify the loss of convenience(yes, I'm lazy:p) of an MFX.
    Yeah, the VOX tonelab has got great review but its missing a lot of key features i want/need: aka external effects loop(so i can upgrade modularly), expression pedal(yes, i can add one, but I'd end up losing it and it'll be hard to explain the purchase of yet another piece of equipment to my parents) and the dual amp channels are very imporant to me.

And the way I see it getting the GT-8 is like ordering a sampler platter in a 5 star restaraunt. You get a wide variety of options and if you want you can always order a proper dish if you really need to(adding external pedals).

I have nothing against pedals, its just that a GT-8 is more for me(and I'll probably get a digitech ex-7 once I get some more money to spend)

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

your choice then....think twice though.

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I'm not trying to be rude/mean/whatever.... So dont take this the wrong way...

U need to learn how to use what u have.... Ur settings on those recordings u uploaded were horrible.... Even a Zoom 505 can be made to sound better.

I tried out a DM a couple of days ago... Only played for a few minutes, so I cant say much, but it sounded a lot better than ur recording.

Learn how to EQ... And just cause a knob goes all the way to 11, does not mean u have to set it that high.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i know i suck at eqing...im getting better after ur advice tho...probably send out some recordings sometime this weekend. And yea as i said im still learning....STILL LEARNING

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^^ It's not an excuse! :p: We're all "still learning". EQ can totally change shrill over the top treble to a nicely boosted mid+treble cut.

Where are these DM recordings?

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well ive got lots more to learn than most others..

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

wheres the thread starter?????? hastnt repied for 5 pages!!!!!!!!!!

19. DagMX

DagMX New Member

hes to lazy to post:p literally...

20. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@ Nebu & Ronnie : thanks, I'll look at the vox.

Also today I noticed 2 strange things, one was the GT-8 wah completely own a Morley Pro Series 2 wah. And the second thing is that my Ibanez RG320FM sustains longer than my friend's RG2550E. Both guitars were set up by me, and I was sure I'd done a better job at the RG2550.