Gt8 or different pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vbpart4, Feb 19, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

meh....but thats gonna cost 22K(orwhatever) plus the more pedals...instead he can just get a lower end pros or keep what he has and still add pedals...

2. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@thehundredthone : My point exactly, high end floor proc's are the most effective blend of conviniece, tone and value.

@alpha1 : It was hypothetical. The only effect I use is an Ibanez TS9DX, with the IC swapped.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually even my KORG AX 100G sounds pretty decent in certain applications.

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Rack effects FTW!
    Because no-one here will use them in the near future :p:

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

wooo
    the mild overdrive!

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

There are plenty of ways to do this.... Ranging from the basic loop selectors like the Boss LS-2 to crazy units like the one form Voodoo Labs that let u create crazy settings that can be switched with a single tap.

7. thehundredthone

Seriously? This is new to me. Thanks for the info.
    I've gotta see how they work :)

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

They are really simple if u think about it... All they do is set a path for the signal. It is nothing but a basic switching circuit.... Although there are some very complex, feature filled versions too :beer:

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I jammed with a new band....where the vocalist told me to switch off the distortion shit and play clean......:beer: .....I was playing through my pedal board with all the pedals bypassed.....:mad:

10. ronnieanand

I jammed with a new band....where the vocalist told me " Switch Off Your Distortion Shit and Play Clean. This is pure Blues Man" .....:beer:

I was playing through my pedal board with all the pedals bypassed.....:mad:

So....for this discussion....Do we even need a pedal or a processor.....If you have a PC, get this Guitar Rig. It's awesome...

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i was expecting more out of you ronnie (*tears*).

12. ronnieanand

What did you expect from me..........:think: :think:

13. thehundredthone

^^ Agreed Guitar Rig is good. It responds to your guitar's volume pot nicely. Plus the break-up is quite nice.

Unfortunately I couldn't dial in the high gain sound I wanted. If found the Gratifier so overdone it's not possible to get anything other than nu-metal out of it. The Transamp is pretty good in line with the Lead800. Nice somewhat British sound (on the British setting :p:). Driving the Lead800 by itself is quite decent too.

I have to keep in mind I'm using Sony earphones right now (they have a different response as compared to my 2.1 speakers)

Overall great piece of software, but needs a lot of tinkering in my case.

14. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Guitar Rig is supposed to be really good, but as far as I can tell, its no good for live gigs unless you take the laptop wit you

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I thought ud say single pedals...:S

16. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

I get more even harmonics from my guitar with the tubescreamer out of 2.1 speakers than i do with anything on offer from guitar rig 2. I've messed around with it quite a fair bit too.

I like the GT-8, its fairly flexible, the clean effects are top notch (for the money) and the wah is decent. But the pre-amp, overdrive, distortion, whatever u need (or call it), sucks balls. If I was looking for a good comrpomise between tone and conveniece, and a li'l consideration for budget, I'd go for a good analog distortion/overdrive pedal to go with the GT-8. Something like the Damage Control Demonizer, AMT DM-3, or a Rocktron Silver Dragon, etc. There's plenty of them out there.

17. ronnieanand

I used this Guitar Rig once and I use this Lead 800 and that tubescreamer Thingy. I was getting fantabulous sounds. Harmonics, Controlled Feedbacks at Low Volumes, etc...It was mind blowing...I am surpised that you got good harmonics with a tubescreamer. I use a Tubescreamer too. I use a TS808. They are fuzzy overdrives meant as a boost. I am not sure how you could get killer harmonics with it. With the Guitar Rig, I can get Zakk Wylde kinda pinch harmonics.....
    GT6 / GT8 is a sheer waste of money. The Clean Effects in Korg AX1500G are much better. It sounds like Analog Pedals. The Distortions in Korg are not all great but at least not irritating like the GT ones....They couldn't even model their own pedals like BD2 or MT2 properly...

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

YAY! thats what i wanted!

19. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@ Ronnie : Well, maybe it has something to do with me plugging direct to line in without a DI box. And, I didn't mean to imply that i got ZW kinda harmonics from my tubescreamer, but, I did find it easier to get harmonics from even the neck 'bucker in all positions with just the TS9DX than Guitar Rig. I'll try to borrow a DI box from somwhere and check it out.

Totally agree about the irritating disto on the GT8/GT6. Never had any experience with the Korg AX1500G. Will take your word for it. How's the wah on it?

I've been considering buying more effects, have some cash saved. Can either buy a 1500G or a Disto pedal. I was thinking maybe, Tubescreamer + Fatal Tube + Processor.

20. ronnieanand

I am not sure of how to rate the Wah in the AX1500G. It's defenitely not as good as the GT6 / GT8. I am used to separate Wah pedals like Morley or Cry Baby from Day one. So I always felt all the processor Wah sucks.

Fatal Tube is good. That's my gear too. Fatal Tube + Tubescreamer TS808 + Rocktron Short Timer Delay. Fatal Tube and Tubescreamer interact with each other pretty well. As far as a Wah is concerned, you just a separate pedal for it. Get a Vox or a Cry Baby. Even the cheapest will be better than the expensive processor's Wah....