Gt8 or different pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vbpart4, Feb 19, 2007.

1. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

okay... i wa goin to buy Boss GT8 till a few days back
    but thnks to laney i m confused

so tell me..
    should i buy a GT8 or different pedals..like seperate WAH ..distortion chorus and all..

thnks ..

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

pedals are better than proccesors....( atleast guys here have told me tht) so i think buy seperate pedals

3. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

:p Gt-8 for sure
    EDIT:
    y bcz the padels will cost ya bit expensive
    2. it will look to rushy
    3. GT-8 got all effects, GT-8 is the processor which have all the Boss's best product sounds in it...
    for more info go to Boss.com and read about Gt-8.

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

please post why too....

5. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

look ^ u both confused me too!:(

6. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

yeah post y too :D

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

nyways i wouldnt reccomend gt8... buy podxt live instead same price if u wanna buy a processor

8. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

POD xt is for 25..n GT8 for 22

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

oh... on the net i saw both for 399$.

10. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

Gt8 is cheaper..ooh wat abt GNX3000

11. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

edited -.-

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ok thankx.....

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

It actually depends a lot on what you're looking for. If you prefer a classic tone to the bone sound go for individual pedals or if you prefer the heavy tone with lots of effects go for the processor. Another criteria is gigging, if you regularly gig or travel to different places to jam you know it'll be a pain to carry individual pedals to the place...a processor will seem like a life saver here.

I can tell you that with a decent amp and pedals worth 22k you can get an awesome sounding rig with minimal effects or lots of effects if you choose something like an EX-7 or one of those marshall multi-effect digital pedals. Well i'm talking from the pure tone perspective here. But believe me when you go buy a heavy duty processor like a GT-8 or a Pod XT live you'll totally forget this whole debate about processors and stomp boxes. It'll keep you satisfied for some time atleast. The only problem you might have is later on when you get serious with your music and look for tone and you cant find it.

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Why does everyone think pedals are more expensive than procs??

If u know what sound u want, and prefer having "U'r tone" as opposed to mimicing others tone, buy pedals. Otherwise buy a proc.

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I've said it on another thread, don't expect the holy grail of tone using pedals through a solid state amp.

Some processors are not half bad. You could use a processor for modulation effects and pedals for drive and wah. Keep in mind changing multiple effects simultaneously will not be possible with analog pedals. Maybe if you step on 2 together, but even so.

And, errrm, not all pedals are analog *cough*Digitech*cough*

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea...:p but i still think my Digitech's distortion is better than most processors.......

and as for stepping on two pedals blah blah blah..u can get a Line selector from Behringer or something...will cost about 500bux to switch between two pedals...

17. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

How abt changing the parameters of all your individual pedals?

Supose I like having more chorus and reverb on the cleans and lesser with distortion, what then?

18. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^ Rack effects :p:

If you have multiple settings within a song then you should buy multiple pedals. Otherwise stick to processors.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

That means you are playing less emphasiss on your playing, and more on subtle effects (that anyway no one would be able to make out in live settings)

20. DagMX

DagMX New Member

umm...the XTL doesnt have XLR outputs(last time i checked), nor does it have the facilities for an external effects loop or any routing within the device. Otherwise it does have a much easier to use system.

Also on the debate of the GT-8 vs seperate pedal, the GT-8 lets you set up an external effects loop so you can always add any pedals that you feel you need later on, but the gt-8 has a lot with it already