Gt6 power supply

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Oct 15, 2007.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I am thinking of getting a Gt6 second hand from the US.....wherer could i get a power supply unit for this in india
    Would just any 220V adapter do...

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

im thinking of getting a gt8 as well. My friend got a GT6 from the US and he uses a power down or power up transformer adapter thingy. Works fine...ill do the same.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

thanks for clearing that up man...

4. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

any adaptor will do, just check the amperes

Power up or power down is not required, as the unit will anyway run at 12 or 9 volts. in the US, they use an adaptor to convert 110 V to 12 or 9, here you will get plenty of adaptors which will do the same from 220 V. What you need to do is check the amps. Usually these things run on 300 mA current, which should not be a problem. Even if it takes a higher current, for example 500mA ( or 0.5A) there are plenty of new adaptors in the market you will find for this though. I got one from SP road for my Behringer MX2022 mixer which I did not think would be available so easily. Just write down the voltage and current requirements and go to SP Road and you will get it. In case it does not sitch on, don't panic and reverse the polarity and check. Should be a piece of cake really.

5. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Ill call you for help when i get mine :p

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Just remember not to cheap out on the adaptor.You don't want a poor power supply to screw your costly GT6 ,do you? Get the best one available, and make sure it exceeds the requirements by a comfortable margin. For example, if the specs are: 300mA, 20W, it would be good to buy something like a 500mA, 50W adaptor. This will effectively take care of spurious ratings that local adaptors might have. If you have multiple pedals, I would recommend a Visual Sound 1-Spot. This can power multiple pedals, runs at 110V/220V and is light and compact.

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

https://www.wholenote.com/images/store/full/EM_BRC-120.jpg

check out the original adapter, it shows an o/p of AC14 volts...I thought it was supposed to be DC...can anyone confirm if its ac or dc

8. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

@nebuchadnezzar - Please tell me, where can we get the Visual Sound 1-Spot you speak of?

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Yep, get one that can power your unit, and then some.

Where you do need a step down is when you use A/C units. My friend plugged in his Buffalo router to his mains, there was a lot of smoke there.

10. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

So, I need one for my GT6(will be making a pic thread shortly). What can I get?

11. DagMX

DagMX New Member

For my digitech rp350, I wanted to find a power-supply for indian voltages. No luck finding it here, so OnStage managed to make me a custom one with a lifetime warranty for approx Rs/1200.