GT6 or GNX3??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Oct 17, 2007.

?

which one....?

1. BOSS GT6

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Digitech GNX3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I need to make a decision quickly, so pls help out...

I an leaning towards the GT6 because i heard it has better high gain distortions(for metal)
    But i also hear it is hard to set tones on it.....can somebody how this is so, like whats the basic difference between the 2 units in terms of settin tones

Would the GT6 be better for me if i learn to set it up right....

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

GT8 :D...GT6 are out of production

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

second hand.....

4. Shreddy

Ah, i'd still go with Boss GT6

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Care to give a reason...

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

how much are u getting it for?

7. Shreddy

I used the GT6 for less than a week and i fell in love with the "digital tone" of it. I thought it was pretty damn neat!...great distortions , killer cleans..and some nice wacky effects to experiment.

I used to use a GNX3 for a year and a half (every sunday at guitar classes) and apart from the KICKASS drum machine, it has nothing to combat the GT6

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

About $200 from the US...

9. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

according to me ..gt6 sounds a tad too "digital" ..but ..some people like it like that .the gnx3 is the best for recording n stuff ,but its overall not great .look for an ax3000g ..

10. Shreddy

It does sound a little too digital , i agree. But it has good tone, digital or not.

11. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

dude just buy a gt8 for 300$ new.. u can put 4k extra for sure..

12. Shreddy

^PLus one (i thought saying plus one would fill up the minumum limit thing, but i guess it didn't. It's fun how i can make your brain read every word on this page/post. And you have no clue what im typing about. But im just using more and more and more and more RAM of your brain. You should be getting tired now, knowing the fact that your brain is reading random letters and getting stored for a specific period of time. Also remember F=Mass x Acceleration. SI=ptr/100. (a+b)squared = axa + bxb + 2ab. Whatever i said above might not be accurate. I just used up some of your brain power/time and energy and there's nothing you can do about it. Funny thing is your still reading. So this is for the mods, forget the word limit, it's just eating brain RAM)

13. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

where did u copy paste tht frm..

14. derick-shredman

derick-shredman New Member

have you looked at other possibilities like gt8, podxt live, ...if i had to choose from either gt-6 or gnx3, id say go for gt6, its an excellent processor you can get some really good tones and is build like a tank, just need to tweak it a bit and you shall find some great tones...but then again try them both and then decide

15. Shreddy

@gog: I wrote it, was bored last night hahah.

Boss GT8 and GT6 is very tweakable!