Greg Bennette AV3 or ESP LTD??????

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by swapnopia, Aug 12, 2010.

1. bcrich

bcrich New Member

sure thing mate! ;) the trem is quite stable. it doesn't go out of tune till you rotate the tuners. :D but honestly, its the guitar to buy for 14k.

2. swapnopia

swapnopia New Member

although i admit i am entrant to electric guitars region.....discussion here already forced to go through reviews posted on net regarding LTD and others......after checking out at Ultimate guitar and harmony central.........i come to know it's not that bad either......

3. bcrich

bcrich New Member

ESP's and ESP LTD's are the best metal guitars in the world, frankly and honestly. But the thing is, 'the cheaper the worse' quote fits in here best. Cheaper ESP are next to crap or simply crap. Coming with basic ESP LTD pickups, they spoil the rep of the name. So, there's no point in purchasing ESP until or unless it's a 40k one with EMG's.

4. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Good or bad, you've bought it now... And the amp is pretty good. Stop worrying about gear and start learning. You can upgrade later. Like I said, for the beginner, it's all good in the hood... The limiting factor at present is your skill, not the guitar. Trust your ears, if you like how the ESP sounds, follow your own instinct. This gear will last you quite some time... When you need a new guitar, you'll know...

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^GitDoc - I was gonna post the UG gear info link, but I changed my mind after your post. =|
    +1, so many people need to understand that. One of my friends would buy a GRG and say 'Oh cmon, what could go wrong, it's an Ibanez!' =|

6. flood

flood New Member

more likely. :)

i was partiall too, but then actually ripped my squier to pieces and turned it into a fretless. doesn't sound too hot either.

7. swapnopia

swapnopia New Member

@bcrich

man........this is true for every brand...in the same way as u can't compare fender/les paul US make with mexican and squiers.......it's obvious that 40 K guitars will be superior than 15-20 k ones.....totally different categories!!!

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

But this does not mean that a bad guitar will last you any amount of time. As you learn you will learn the limitations of your instrument. With entry-level instruments it isn't a question of if, it's a question of when it will start limiting you.

9. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Ahem ahem! Let's stick to ESP for now for the sake of it. Thanks. :D