Greg Bennette AV3 or ESP LTD??????

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by swapnopia, Aug 12, 2010.

1. swapnopia

swapnopia New Member

Hey guys......

my teacher has recommended me Greg Bennette AV3 and One ESP LTD (Approx price 18000)...he can't remember ESP model no..:p....

how is the performance these guitars...
    do any one have these?? also perhaps these guitars are arch top type ...

..but these models are in single cutaway form(telecaster type)....i want the strat type:)

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

AV3 is better in this price range

3. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

ESP LTDs have a very wide range... Find out the exact model...

The av3 is a good guitar... As for LTDs, I can only comment on what I've played, haven't played any in the 18k range.

And BTW AV3 is neither telecaster nor archtop nor strat.. It's a Les Paul style.

4. bcrich

bcrich New Member

av3 would be much better than any <20k esp ltd. you should try every single guitar in this range and choose, don't be pre-biased with these two guitars only. i saw av7 limited edition for 20k on bajaao, must be a good buy. besides that, visit shops much.

oh, i forgot my suggestions:

schecter omen 6
    buy it. no questions. the best in your range. forget the above lines about av7, pre-biased brains.

5. swapnopia

swapnopia New Member

guys the ESP model is EC50...how is it???

6. guitardoctor

I've played it, not a very good guitar, and it's got an agathis body. Buy the Avion av3 without hesitation.

7. killerduck

killerduck New Member

If you are willing to go that range, spend a little more and get an AV7 .Its got better pick-ups grover tuners . There is also an ESP EC-256 , supposed to be very god for its price ...but i am not sure if it is available in India ....

8. guitardoctor

Grover tuners are sold with all Avions, right from AV1 (I should know). The Greg Bennett website says that AV3 onwards has Grover tuners, but I have an AV1 with Grover tuners from the factory itself.

9. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

@bcrich - I'd side with both the AVs and the Schecter. Dude...they're aimed at two different audiences, but both are good starters, better than the others in the range. =|

10. swapnopia

swapnopia New Member

@all above..................

thanks very much for the opinions .....i saw AV3 and ec50......saw pacifica toooo...but the metal sound ec50 produced was awesome.....ESP is other name for metal....perfect action and sper pickups as well......

My gear...........:)

ESP EC 50

Roland Cube 20X

11. guitardoctor

Congrats on the purchase, mate... Can't say I agree with your decision but for the beginner it's all good in the hood ;) Start learning now, enjoy yourself.

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The ESP is real crap. Its only a few notches above the givsons. Its one of the deadest sounding guitar i have ever played. For that money you could get a cort or an ibanez. They are miles above the esp.

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i think he has already made the purchase..

14. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Excellent decision with the amp. But, you should've bought a better guitar. should've bought the schecter omen 6 which i told you above (READ POSTS MUCH BEFORE TAKING DECISION). Anyways, Congrats on your purchase! Play Hard. :D

15. guitardoctor

Addendum: The "metal sound" (distortion) is often used by guitar dealers to con you into buying the guitar THEY want you to buy. Remember that the effects are added after the signal moves from the guitar. Always play the guitar in clean first, after disabling all effects on the amp. After that you may try distortion. When comparing guitars, play all guitars through the same amp, and make sure that amp is close to the one you'll actually be playing in real life.

16. ultrabot90

+1
    And may I mention never take the shop keeper's advice on buying ANYTHING?
    I've seen them advise people to buy Squiers. And hybrid amps. And 6 string pickups for a 7 string guitar. One even slipped me a pussy gauge (9) string set when I wasn't alert :shock:

Be informed, sure and secure. The Internet is rich with information.

17. bcrich

bcrich New Member

hey there IGTians,
    just bought a new guitar. cort x-2 venom floyd rose. check out my guitars now. attached.

Attached Files:

18. ultrabot90

^Post a vid! We need to hear it :D
    How is that Cort's whammy bar stability?

19. shailm

shailm New Member

Squiers get too much stick around here! Ok, I agree they're not that nice, but they're not THAT bad. I have owned one for the last 12 years, and having owned an american standard strat for some time, I can tell you, the pickups on my squier were much nicer than the ones on the standard.(the ones on the current production am standards really really suck). granted though, the tuners on the squiers are horrendous. but a few minor upgrades, and its a pretty decent guitar. or maybe im partial cause i learnt on that guitar.

20. guitardoctor

@bcrich: Congrats mate!