Greeting to all Indian Violin Lovers

Discussion in 'Misc Musical Instruments' started by hehaa, Nov 18, 2004.

1. hehaa

hehaa New Member

Hia! to all the VIOLIN lovers in this form.

i love the sond and rythm of the VIOLIN so i purchased it, if any 1 of you gies have a bit experience about playing violen then plz do contact me.
    its really a nice instrument coz its much more harder then playing the guitar. any way every hard thing is more atractive and beautiful.

if any1 knws some goodie site for violin sheets then plz do share.

_____~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * Thankxxx & Reguards * ~~~~~~____________

2. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i'm gonna start at violin soon...don't think its tougher than playing guitar..

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes, its tougher than guitar. Especially since there are no frets so you have to develop your ear for the chords and such, now thats tough! :shock: Also holding violin in that position is bound to give you cramps. ;)

4. hehaa

hehaa New Member

well you r rite NEO, coz in the guitar every freeet is oging to make the same sound in any case, but in violen there is no fix patren of the sound or place so you have to be more then over consious.

i have also consulted some of the sits but the way thing gives makes it more harder to learn a violen, so i am just trying ot find a person who already knew atleast ABC of the violin.

any way if NEO you can helo me or 6String_assasin you can help me in locating the person then i am more then MOST welcome

_________~~~~~~~~~~~~ * THankxxx * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~________________

5. 6String_assasin

violin seems tough only to begin...guitar is easy to begin but really needs time and devotion to master..wotever i'll come to know abt it as soon as i start with it..(violin) ;)

6. scorpionhai

scorpionhai New Member

violin is my heart sound

i m also the biggest fan of violion sound. i play guitar but the sound of violin is more attractive. if any one from karachi , know any institute so plz inform me.

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Playing a violin is similar to playing a fretless bass. You have to get a feel for the chords. I have played a fretless bass and it's not really hard. I would love to play violin some day.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

It's a real class instrument, the violin...........not for laymen like me, anyways

9. hehaa

hehaa New Member

Ha~~~~~~~~death_metal_fan ~~~~~~~~~~~`

can u tell me bt abt the freetless bass. so that it can help me in taking my first step towards learing the violin >>>? ??

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

What exactly do you want to know? A fretless bass is just a bass guitar without frets. You listen to the sound of you get from different positions on the neck to understand what chord you are playing.

Ibanez has some good fretless bass guitars in the SR series such as the SR300DX. If you look at a picture it won't seem any different from a normal bass because they still have fretlines and dot inlays but no "actual frets".

If you want to learn violin ultimately I wouldn't advise learning bass first. Learn violin directly with a good teacher. Later if you want to switch to a fretless instrument it will be a snap.

11. alex

alex New Member

Hi Guys! here is another voilon lover- intially i wanted to learn voilon but there r very limited options for it so i started with guitar, Guitar is amazing but still i feel that voilon is more close to heart. Is there any learning site available for it ?? if not then y not we create a section for it here!!! wht do u say neo??

12. kaiser

kaiser Bored

i wanna ask something.....

u cant play chords on the violin can u? u can play only two strings at a time...so where do chords come from?

13. 6String_assasin

chk out the violin lessons on www.mysongbook.com , u'll need guitar pro software for it..

14. hehaa

hehaa New Member

i just want to add the answer of KAISER, he said that we cant play chords on the violin, wre can indeed play chords on the violin as well, but the syntax and the type of chords differs.. in the guitar you have all the 6 strings in the siquence, as well as abt the 12 strings guitar, so the chords are on the whole strings, but basicaly the violin is for individual string and even then you can play the chords but not more then 2 strings, thats all the violin is....

15. 6String_assasin

to all who think violin is 'better' than guitar...first, there can be NO comparision... :annoyed:

n bcoz i just got to know...
    that Carlos Santana used to play violin since he was 5 (even on the streets for 25-50cents) ...but then fascinated by the instrument called 'Guitar', listening to Muddy Waters n stuff he sold his violin for some old guitar... :think: :p:

- History Channel, History Rocks

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

17. 6String_assasin

woah! that was some really cool amazing stuff!

but like i said there can be no comparision btw the two...every instrument is unique..
    n u know how much versatile the guitar is...
    u can get an almost violin like sound on a fretless guitar with some effects processing..

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i know i was just kidding, that violin guy is amazing though..

19. 6String_assasin

yea rite..

a frnd of mine who plays violin told me they use only 3 fingers excluding the pinky? is it? neone knows? coz this guy used all given to him..

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i used all 5 when i learnt violin ..
    harmonium players use only 3 fingers..