Green Day style bands in Delhi???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by SqueakM9, May 2, 2008.

1. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

i hate posting new threads and please move this if it is in the wrong place

Green Day style bands in India???

Delhi???

I'm gonna move over their sooner or later im just keen to get into some local music that is similar to my own...

mine is almost a clone of Green Day (minority/ holiday) but much more anti...

is their anything in Delhi (even just a punk club to hang out at???) i gotta find some thing or i'm gonna go nuts over their...

cheers
    Squeak

2. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I'm not from Delhi but judging by the general trend, it would really depend on what you mean by "local" music.

If you're expecting bands singing 'Green Day' style worshipping Indian Gods, chances are very, very bleak. If you like Bollywood, chances are very, very high.

But then again, I may not be absolutely correct.

3. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

"bollywood" is a joke more like indian film commission,
    what i ment by local is bands that came from there
    ie. a scene for that style of music so other musicians will join my own band and we will have a crowd to play to...
    mind you i will be deported within a week of forming a band...
    one song we recorded is banned in any wellington city (my home town) club or bar.

4. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

We have to meet :p

But neither am I in Wellington nor am I in Delhi. shit!

If you have something new to offer, I'm sure you'll find like mindeds...

5. augur

augur I love bjr

Post the song... the banned one.

6. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

now why didn't I think of that?!

7. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

it will take a bit od courage to post an anti corporate song on here when i'm trying to come into the indian white collar world.

it's very rude and is more or less someone screaming at the corporate world to stop using it's power to manipulate ***ual favours oput of her,

written after one off my indian friends was pack raped by her board of directors.
    apparently it's common but they usually take it to the grave...

i think admin will have to ok it first...
    buit im not posting it till i have a job lined up ok...

8. augur

augur I love bjr

PM it to me. The admin's not gonna give a damn what you PM to me or anybody else for that matter.

9. augur

augur I love bjr

Asking the admin for permission is not very punk.

10. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

It is NOT ALLOWED only to those who ask.

Reminds me of the joke:

Humble man boards a bus and asks Conductor,
    Humble man: May I smoke here?
    Conductor: No, It's not allowed.
    Humble man (looks around): But the man at the back is smoking.
    Conductor: He's not asked me.

11. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

right now its about not making a mess in the eyes of future in laws,

all punks have to grow up once i have a job and have the ok you see the real me,

but admin will spend weeks deleting the mayhem,

wedding day = most of wellington under ground in dehli for the week so look out

12. augur

augur I love bjr

So you're saying no such song exists.....?

13. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

haha
    yes currently no song exists
    but in about 3 months it will
    haha

it might still be on youtube...

under "white lies"

dunno have a look

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm confused. I also need to change my sig.

15. augur

augur I love bjr

16. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Well i hate to admit it.. but india's music scene is quite flatulent. its all about bollywood..and i doubt we have enough young un's who are willing to come out with their own words and sing their opinions.. is keeping quiet cultural and traditional?
    But then, please.. all you local indians..enlighten me.

As ive said before.. every time i visit.. im the odd one out cos im so "different" lol. Ill find people who listen to Iron Mad. and P. Floyd.. but then ask them about it.. and they no nothing.. apparently its cool to listen to that.. no one understands the music like you would expect them to. And that sucks.

@squeak: i think you need to get your ass out there and kick some butt. Even if you don't find people like you.. im sure that you will be what the other kids need to be able to speak out.
    Btw, I was sorry to hear about your friend, kid. That kind of an experience can kill you (emotionally, physically and mentally). I survived. Hope she doing alrite?

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

There is a reason for keeping quite. Here, people who are not keeping quite are the ones who do it for a living.

psst, I understand music <3

I think it's a little unfair of you to expect people to understand music the way you do. I don't think anyone understands music the same. I hear different things from you when we listen to the same songs. Music is so much about interpretation that I tend not to discuss it much. Listening to music, to me, is a personal thing....or maybe a two person thing. We all love the same song for so many different reasons.

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

If someone understands music the way I do, I would try my best to marry her.

who knows....maybe even him.

19. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@bjr:
    you have a wonderfully valid point, kid. Music is a personal thing..and I am not talking about interpretations.. if these people had ANY KIND OF interpretation I would be happy. But often, you'll see them just listening to it..cos everyone else is. You know what i mean? "Its just cool yaar-Iron Maiden.."!! Like i mean, it frustrates me when they just "hear" it .. they don't "listen" to it..like one should. You should feel the music..understand and be able to relate to it.

I love music. All kinds..I range from hip hop to hardcore punk ska to heavy metal and sometimes even trance. Every single one of them..I can listen to and relate and or feel something.. There's so much emotion..

Like we had a so called devout punk-rocker here once, and he had pmd me about some artists. And listening to punk rock/ska is not just whatever..it goes much deeper than that..your attitude on life/people/society/religion etc speaks out in your music..and well, as it turned out, he wasnt a punk rocker at all.

But the point of all this was, I just want people to not be afraid of speaking out. So what if you like B.Spears..or whatever.. maybe that's just your thing. Like the other day, a (desi) guy who lives in my aprt complex had his ipod on blare (he must have been in his fourties mind you) and I could hear "strong enough" by cher.. and i remember thinking to myself..you go kid!! :cool:

If there are bands out there who want to sing against religion and society and lash out at the government...let them. Who are you to tell them? And let the ones who believe in those ideas..listen. Its emotion..And there's nothing wrong in expressing that.

And its about time, we had alternative..punk..in our country. <3 Id like to see what these guys can do. :cool:

20. augur

augur I love bjr

I love ***y back. I really don't care for Justin Timberlake's music.. but **** me that song is great.

What ever happened to Squeaky boy and his banned song? Still waiting man.