Green Day - American Idiot a great album

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by rabi_sultan, Oct 10, 2004.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

amazingly great album. These guys are amazing they are the best punk band in the modern punk era. Well to be honest compared to most of the others they are the ONLY punk band to know. The album is a great punk opera but you can still tell its Green Day from listening to it even though it is different.

Gotta say that they are one of the best bands out there and have been from some time, they've totally blown away the rest of the punk bands now (ie avril lavigne, sum41, good charlotte etc) there is just a huge gap between Green Day and the others they are on their own level and nobody in punk comes close to them.

I'd also go out on a limb and bundle them together in the same category as the other greatest punk bands such as The Clash, The Sex Pistols and The Ramones.

2. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Where do we find out more details about this band??

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

you have got to be kidding me, you never heard of Green Day ?!??!?!?!

get the album Dookie its a classic. They basically are the new modern punk movement. You must have heard songs called 'Basket Case', 'Time of Your Life', 'When I Come Around', 'Welcome to Paradise', 'Warning', 'Minority' and there's loads more. Their home site is www.greenday.com

4. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Ive heard Minority and Warning.. Didnt occur to me.. sorry.

5. fizz

fizz New Member

you could also find out more band details by the Greendayauthority.com website you could even chat to green day lovers its a cool website! Try it out!

6. Banshee

Banshee New Member

Oh yeah!! green day absolutely rock..personally i love basket case and time of ur life from dookie...as from american idiot check out St. Jimmy and death o saint jimmy they are positively amazin songs.

btw i wouldnt agree wif rabi too much i mean...have u heard bowling for soup or even some of blink 182 theyre also amazin punk rock bands that u ought to hear.

btw can sum1 post american idiots tabs..ive tried workin on it and only managed to get as far as 'dont wanna be an american idiot'

thanks

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

oops banshee - u seemed to have bumped a loong dead thread ... but anyway it is relevant even today ... so gues the mods wont close this ...

personally i feel Green Day suxx ... pretty much like other Punk Rock bands ...

8. Ozze

Ozze New Member

yea n over all average album ... VDoz.. yea vdos are better