Greatest instrumental ever

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sridhar11_2, Nov 16, 2005.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

:p: Ha Ha .......Fooled you into opening this thread.
    Ok this is another instrumental of mine. It's pretty fresh. Took just 10 min to record thats way it has mistakes. I just want views on the song in itself forget about my performance i'm talking music.

Just one thing before you listen:-
    My legato is bad
    My rig is bad
    I'm bad

Here it is. Enjoy (hopefully)
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=T81R5QOO

2. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

Ha Ha .......Fooled you into opening this thread.

very childish!!!

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

nice
    dude
    u really seem to be inspired by Satch ...

openeing is great ... it almost felt like Flying in a Blue Dream

but the pick scrapes/slides sound a little "off the cuff"

4. sridhar11_2

@slipknot_555..Where's your sense of humour buddy?

@jekyll...Thanks. I did'nt like the pick scrapes either. Just tried it and did'nt come out well and i did'nt feel like recording again.

5. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

good one

It sounds good man! Infact the first two chords reminded me as if "Jumma chumma dede" is about to start if you have heard of this song from movie Hum. Why dont u try out that, I am sure it would sound good on electric especially the start part of the song.

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

:nw: :nw:

good stuff dude...

around the 1:10 mark..when u strt the solo..or whatever...it was slightly off track i guess....well atleast it appeared to me that way....but i loved the way u ended it...

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

<Bows To The Master>

<Ears go kappoot with those Pick Scrapes> :annoyed:

Legatos weren't clear. Maybe because of layering about 3 guitar tracks.

Sridhar becomes Sritriani and this one is Sritch Boogie :beer: :beer:

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey "Joe" Sridhar :nw: :)

whats yer yahoo/msn/gmail?

9. sridhar11_2

Thanks. Sorry for the pick scrapes. This i dont really relate to Satch Boogie but thanks for the compliment. I have something i relate to Satch boogie i'll record and show it if you want later.

My yahoo id is this id with yahoo.com tag on it.

10. sridhar11_2

@the_wizard.. You're right i've gotta work on timing

11. sridhar11_2

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it musically ( i mean if i tried to sell it will it sell) . I'm just afraid that no one will like like me cause i sound too much like satriani music wise. I dont wanna be known as the guy who copies satriani.

12. ronnieanand

Dude. Even Satriani doesn't sell. Relativity Records dropped him out long back. If you are thinking of selling out, then Instrumental Rock is not the way. Except Yanni, I dont know if any Instrumental guy made big bucks by selling albums. Forget other things like Endorsements and other crap. These guys have to tour like crazy to sponsor a few beers for them. Be in a vocal band and do great things. Slash gets worshipped and you have your answers.

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

1. Insturmental music never sells

2. U are inspired by Satch ... so u should nt have any qualms ...

14. sridhar11_2

Being in a vocal band just does'nt appeal to me. Unless it's a blues band. I guess i'm just gonna try and do my thing. even though satriani does'nt sell he still gets a lot respect.

15. ronnieanand

Every good musician will command a lot of respect whether he sells or not. But your question was will your instrumentals sell. And the discussion was it's pretty unlikely unless you do something dramatically different.

Vocal band always has a larger crowd. Even guys like Malmsteen go with vocal but put in a lot of instrumentals in their albums and also takes on super long solos so that it;s almost like an instrumental band. Same with SRV or Hendrix if you notice. They were pretty much instrumentalists even though it had vocals. Maybe you can try something like that.

16. sridhar11_2

I would go out with vocals if i could sing :p: . The main reason i actually want to do instrumental is that now in india you dont see the rock bands (metal bands actually) getting any attention because of the singing in english (general public view and music industry here) so why not just eliminate singing and go in with just music that even the common guy can hum along to and recognize and the guitarist could relate to.

17. ronnieanand

We had only about 2000 people attending when the Real Satriani came to Bangalore :think: :think:

18. sridhar11_2

i thought it was 8000

19. ronnieanand

What 8000. Dont count people who were outside the palace grounds. Or rather that was a figure of how many knew the name Satriani in Bangalore. We were all sleeping at the last when the poor dude was playing. Everybody was shouting "Go Home". It was pretty sad. Even I shouted "Go Home" with them :annoyed: . I was all high then. So dont :aggre: me for that. I just got bored after a while. Need vocals :beer: :beer: .
    I like him though.

20. MelodicShredder

MelodicShredder New Member

You guys were sleeping 'coz ur at the last row. But I'm at the 4th row just gettin' a clear view of The Bald Master. N' it was an awesome xperience! Except 3 songs, all the songs are well known to me. So, I just enjoooooyed a looooottt....