granada guitars!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nehemiah, Apr 7, 2005.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@nehemiah.....lolz, dude if you are new to the site doesnt mean you are new to guitars. anyways, why are you buying stuffs from borivli, why dont you go directly to furtodoes or bhargavas? they aint located in timbuktu, do they? :p:

@death87....well said!

2. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

@fictional taking your advice I did go to furatdos and this is what I found,
    Granada is Furtados own brand and they get all the pieces made in china
    as for prices; for all who thought they are bloody expensive, a dreadnought (jumbo) cutaway with pickups (WITH PICKUPS!!!) and all the goodies that usually come with it like 3 yrs warranty and strings etc for rs 4880.
    @death well since these are furtado prices , the chances that they are stolen pieces seem bleak, dont you think?

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

hm... thats strange.. every granada ive seen is much mroe expensive -so ur saying that the same guitar is coming for 2.5k at furtados??

if os i stand corrected - but i stil ldnt know how u rebuked my statement simply coz u said the guitar at furtadoes was for 4.5k - and such a large price difference- yes it might e stoeln or fake

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I am not convinced one bit...i have personally checked out the price at a Chennai shop(Musee Musicals)..it might have a difference of a few hundred bucks but not a few thousand....the one i saw was for 5,870 or sumthing...basic cutaway acoustic....sunburst finish..
    Granada is Furtadoes own brand???:confused:..ppl plz clarify on this if u know abt it...

5. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

@death, come on, if a jumbo can come at that price with a pickup, a smaller one can definitely come for less, not that i found the same piece there at furtados, well you dont stand rebuked, just that fact contradicts your view. what say you personally check it out at borivili.

@nebuchad join the group friend, everyone here thinks the same. and yes the guys at furtados told me that granada was indeed their brand only that the production is outsourced to china

6. deathdr_87

dude the pups that come on the acoustics are piezos and thy cost like way less than hudnred bucks... so wel...

that shouldnt affect price so much

7. fictional_real

Whatever it was i felt it was a good guitar when i played granada in furtadoes. i am playing guitars for almost a year, i dunno if dat experience it quite good enuff to make eligible to say which guitars rock and which sux however i think it was good. Be it from china or bihar. :p:

8. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

@death, what are you saying, acoustic pickups or PUPS, in your words (I like that!), come for less than HUNDRED!!!!!!!!!

9. deathdr_87

um ya.. u know the stick on ones -piezos a- ctually u can make them urself...

theyre really not expsensive...

magentic coil pups - as i standrad indian ones come for abt 300-500 bucks - its the proper pickups that cost mire - as in improted ones like diamrzios and all - they come for thousands

10. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

well I have finally figured it out and yes it has been a case of sheer ignorance on my part. you guys were right after all, cheers!!! the granada series does begin from 7k up. BUT I wasn't wrong with my facts, so cheers!! again. here's how it stands....
    granada built with korean labour comes for not a rupee less than 7k but when the guitar is built in china it sells for the price of a regular hobner, let this comparison not mean that the quality of the granada is as of the hobner, they wouldn't guarantee the guitar 3 yrs for nothing. the guitar as good as any other granada and i have finally decided to buy a jumbo granada sans PUPS for 3500. looks gr8 and plays even better, well don't take a newbie's word for the sound check it out for urself.

11. fictional_real

^^gr8! congo!

happy guitaring.