granada guitars!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nehemiah, Apr 7, 2005.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

What do the xperts here think of the Granada brand of acoustic guitars?
    :think: The piece I have in mind is a medium size exquisitely Chinese built cutaway. It costs a reasonable 2500 and sounds fine too, well to a beginner like me the sound between two guitars isn’t any different. In terms of finishing the guitar is streets above the local hobners or givsons for the same price or above. You can actually see your reflection in the guitar. What I wish to know from IGT is this, what are the long-term prospects of this brand and does anyone here own one. And yes, with the guitar comes a T-shirt at no extra cost, whoopee!

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

As far as i can recall..the general opinion is that they are pretty good..
    but 2.5k?..i thought they were costlier..i saw a full sized one just yesterday for abt 5.7k..as u say urs is medium...but 2.5k still sounds like a verry good bargain...
    wait for the experts to post....:)

3. Luthier

Luthier New Member

My friend has one. I found it to have a warmer tone. It did not sound good on the treble side...t'wasvery bassy but definitely better than the other one's. Try out RONNIE guitars ...my friend had one some time back that he purchased from BANDRA costing around 4.5K that time. It was fairly good. Take someone good at playing acoustics and let him help u out with it.
    One more thing i want to share is this shop in dadar "HARIBHAU". When i went to ask for bass guitar keys for a 5-string bass they boldly said that a BASS has only 4-keys and cannot have more than 4 strings..oh my GOD and they claim to be selling MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS...????? What if i showed them a picture of a 9-string Conklin BASS....they would faint or..???

4. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

2.5 K...sure?

I saw some granada guitars in bangalore..Cutaway, price between 5 and 7 K, are you sure that was 2.5 K?

I found the Granada not value for money, so I bought my friend the J&D model AG-SNL. Lovely guitar for 3.9 with bag.

@ Luthier...serves you right for going to a place with a name like 'Haribhau'

Sanjiv

5. Luthier

Luthier New Member

U are right sanjivdas i deservedit as u say so. But my desperation for getting good bass guitar keys led me to all music stores......so.....!!!
    Since u are in bangalore do u know any place there where i can get good pickups and Imported keys for bass as well as rythm guitars. Let me know.

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey Sanjiv..do u know if J&D are available in Chennai and where??..and the guitar u bought for 3.9k... was it a medium one or full sized?

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

theyre godo - but i agree with every1 else - they come for 5-7k

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@nehemiah ...read carefully.

i have played Granada and also tried hands on yamaha however, when i played granada i instantly fell in love with it. Amazing tone, nice smooth fretboard and good pickups.

2.5k cant be it its actual price or rather it might be fake one. The one which i played was for 6.1k INR. Dont Expect good sounding granada below 6k - 7k.

If you have no problems go for granada. its awesum!

nehemiah likes this.
  9. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

many thanx to all who have contributed and to all who are amazed at the price, you heard it right 2.5k, nothing more, nothing less.

@fictional-- well the question of it being a fake does arise but it looks pretty neat and the finishing is too good to be fake, have you considered the fact that it is a chinese made guitar and so the low cost????? and what this thing abt good pickups, its an acoustic guitar. i agree with u abt the tone, rich and warm, reps to u

10. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

@sanjivdas what did find wrong in a granada, if you could specify

11. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Price

Nothing wrong mate...just that I did not see anything below 5K. My budget was around 4. And all those were chinese make. And nowadays all good acoustics also come with built in pick ups and equalizer etc.

@Luthier..I haven't gone looking for components yet, but if you are very keen I could find out, though I would think Chennai is a better place.

Sanjiv

12. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Alright sanjiv chennai would be fine.
    Please PM me the addresses and phone nos. too.....if u can.
    Tulsi guitars...??? or pro musicals...???
    Regards
    Luthier.

13. deathdr_87

i still have my resevations aout the so called granada at that price - can a pro pls. goa dn check out this guitar?

id think that a signature would come for abt. that much - maybe more

14. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

well since so many here doubted the prices, the orginilality and maybe even my sanity, i decided to check on the guitar myself and yes it is a original granada but only this time i realised it is a small size cutaway, not even medium sized. alright i was wrong, probably because i dazzled by its finish. well this brings me to another question which for the benefit of others who may have the same doubt, i have posted in the Beginners Q& A section do try to answer it
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?p=80730#post80730

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@nehemiah...Dude, can you tell me from where are you getting that granada guitars? yeah, the one i was talking abt was a meduim sized one. It had three years warranty, free bag, free strings all in 6.1k. NOt a bad deal. huh?

If you are experienced guitarist i am sure you wont be mistaken to identify a good guitar.

16. heavymetal

heavymetal New Member

Hey Granada is a korean company.... and the starting price in India is Rs.8500/- .... i would recommend you that you wouldnt go for it... if it's a chinese make... Chinese make never have that great feel.. whether Granada or Ibanez or Fender.... or any other

17. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

@fictional - the guitar is from a small shop at borivili, they get theri stuff from places like furtados, bhargava. as for experience, cut that out I am as my title says 'NEWBIE'

18. deathdr_87

its either stolen or fake - im almost 100% convinced - if its stolen - then i for one would never support it!

19. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Tulsi, anyone??

Hi,

Could anyone post the address for Tulsi or any other good shop in Chennai where Luthier can buy pickups and stuff? for my benefit as well.

Thanks

Sanjiv

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I only know that Tulasi is in Chintadripet...dunno address...wait for ronnieanand to reply...he can give u the full details...