Got myself gear: guitar + processor + amp

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aysh, Jul 5, 2005.

1. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

wow.. thx akky 3 cheers for my guitar !! :)

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i was about to boy a grg model but changed my mind again.i will be gettin a ibanez grx 130/170 + marshall amps with all those 8 main effects + rp80 or 50 ,, all by next month 2nd week.

:beer: though i dont drink one.

3. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

GRX ? think again

or so i was told

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

am right now, spending most of my time with my half forgotten accoustic guitar!when i had my strat i spent very few time with accoustics.

5. nightmare4100

nightmare4100 New Member

Hey I waqs wondering how do u get that sound like in teresolo, ur recording, where your sound continues like forever without beraking while playing tabs and just continues. What effect does this. Please tell me as I always keep to wonder about that.

6. aysh

its no big deal buddy .. just put the electric guitar on distortion and the notes u play will be sustained (sound continues forever :D .. well almost ) provided u keep the note pressed ..
    thats it :beer:

obviously on a simple acoustic u cant have that kind of sound

7. nightmare4100

nightmare4100 New Member

I had an acoustic with pickup added later on (say kind of electric but way away from original). I ust gitar fx box 2.6 for some kind of effect but the comination realy doesen't work very well. I tried Dist. from that but to no use as its sound doesen't last forever. So I keep wondering. Thanks to solve my problem.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Use a Distortion and a Compressor. You can get the notes to sustain till you die if you can hold it for that long. I once showed one guy a sustain of 3 minutes of Low E and High E string at the 22nd Fret. This guy was crazy about sustain and wanted to see how far a compressor could help. That too, I used only a Boss BD2 Overdrive. Not even some high gain distortion.

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey one ques ron ...

distortion in away actually compresses the signal ... then how is it that a compressor with dist will prolong sustain ... i mean the same effect should come from using only dist ...

but yeah most of the guitar artists use comp + dist combo to get long sustain ...

10. ronnieanand

Not always a Distortion is compressed though a bit of compression happens with most high output pickups as well as Distortion. With a compressor even on a clean signal you can get a long sustain.

11. aysh

3 minutes on lowest E string .. are u serious .. i dont get it

12. ronnieanand

Hey Nemo,
    If you are patient enough to hold the note for me. I will show it sustain for 30 minutes on any string any fret. It's the entire setup that get it. I dont even use a compressor.

13. aysh

dunno .. will try again with some settings

14. ronnieanand

Forget it if you are using a processor. If you have something like a GT6 or a GT8, it has a feedbacker. Or if your processor has an inline compressor, go ahead and try with that stuff.

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yup i tried that out in my rp80 today after puttin the compressor to level 9 and it went on forever.anywayz, i need to know how to access reverb in rp80.its there in the effect list but i dunno what number of effect it is and neither is it given in the manual. :help: :annoyed:

16. aysh

^^post pics of ur guitar gear dude

ok guys will try it out.. presently dont have time to even open up my guitar

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

@rocking..have u checked the digitech forum??..i 've read they have good patches and tips there..try it out....

18. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@rocking - i posted this in the processor guide - i think ur a bit confused... i suggest u read my guide for the rp200a... it will help clear someconcepts about processors.. then go through my general guidelines... after which u mgiht want to try and make ur own PATCH whci hhas rever.. else if ur in bombay.. u know im always ready to help... pm me and i dont mind u landing up at my place for some help using ur processor...

19. guitarfreak_106

guitarfreak_106 New Member

Cool guitar.
    My frienf recently bought a guitar from Cochin. Looks just like an Ibanez. H-S-H with floyd rose tremolo. It has no name name but the dealer said that other dealers sell in the name of Ibanez. Sounds pretty good. It's a steal for Rs 7500. Regretting my decision to buy J&D which cost me the same amount in Bangalore.

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@death - thanx for the advice!