got a yamaha FG720S

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by zing, May 11, 2007.

1. zing

zing Machine Head

woohooooooo i got meself a new acoustic - i used to have an hobner 265 roundhole cutaway that kept getting older n deader by the day - so i sold it off n went lookin for a new one in mumbai

there were sum real good GB&A but what really hit me was this pretty Yamaha C70 spanish sittin in a corner - she had a sound to die for - at 7k the price was rite so i bought without thinkin too much - duh! cos fingerpicking totally restricts u unless ur into pure classical / flamenco

so back i went with the intention of gettin the yamaha F360 which was my #2 choice - then i came across the FG720 - solid spruce top, rosewood sides, laminated rosewood back n a sound straight from heaven - at 20k it totally broke my piggybank but the sound is totally worth it
    here r the pics
    https://www.yamaha.com/guitars/prod...CTID%253D600014%2526CNTYP%253DPRODUCT,00.html

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

congrats dude.. nice guitar..

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Nice guitar. Pics and review please =)

4. zing

zing Machine Head

i've posted the pics here
    https://zing-machine-head.blogspot.com/

my review...

body
    solid sitka spruce, solid rosewood sides (even the yamaha site says its nato sides which is a kind of mahogany - but its actually rosewood, the site is prolly outdated), laminated rosewood back, dark rosewood fretboard, diecast enclosed chrome keys, tortoiseshell pickguard

overall looks
    she looks quite ordinary - no frills like fancy rosettes or inlays - natural finish - also available in five different finishes incl sunburst

action
    lower than some electrics!

finish
    perfect - no glue stains, no rough fret ends, super smooth neck, bookmatched top and back

sound
    awesome range from deep base to clear treble with strong midrange - heartwarming loooooooooooong sustain - lush harmonic overtones - overall on the brighter side & its LOUD!!!! (once my kerchief gently brushed against the strings n that was enough to set them vibrating)

9/10 for quality and 10/10 for value

well there r better reviews out there... here's one of the best
    https://www.acousticfingerstyle.com/YamahaFGS.htm

5. yazi

yazi Banned

Congrats. We want soundclips!

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Nice guitar and congratz

7. hanifv

hanifv New Member

Congratz dude. Where did you buy it from?

8. zing

zing Machine Head

bhargavas - tho furtados also has it

9. hanifv

hanifv New Member

I see. Well, congrats once again.

10. yazi

yazi Banned

That LP original?

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Its a slash copy custom. Peter P i think. Saw his thread a few weeks back

12. yazi

yazi Banned

Ya, its given there. 18K? Thats pretty............