Got a 1000 bucks.... suggest a good acoustic

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by DJCrunkMix, Feb 1, 2006.

1. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

Hi guys !!! I have been playing guitar from last 8 months now....and I am getting better :) (makes me feel good!). I still remember when I was trying to play the F chord and just could'nt do it ! But now I have realized that with PRACTICE, everything is possible :D ...

I got 1000 bucks to spend on a brand new acoustic guitar. I live in the states and its pretty easy to go check one out at Guitar center or some other local guitar store...

Here is what I have checked so far (acoustic-electrics, dreadnauts)

Martin DCX1 RE (or E or KE) - 650 $
    Martin DC-1 E - 1200 $ (ummm... a lil over :p)
    Breedlove AD25SM Plus (beautiful guitar!) - 999 $
    Taylor 210-E - 930 $
    Takamine EG334-SC - 630 $

Any other suggestions ? Please... share your views if you own one of these or in similar price range :) ...

Thanks...waiting for your response

2. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

I trust Martin, and Taylor.. rest i dont know much abt. I think Taylor is the choice... Wait 4 more reviews though. Peace

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I personally think Taylor and Martin are way overpriced for the money and command a premium for the name much like Gibson and Fender electrics.
    Breedlove is an excellent small manufacturer....also Larrivee. They make excellent acoustics in the $1000 range. Look around on ebay...you'll get very good deals on them...I have a friend who bought a koa Larrivee for $800.