Google Plans To Destroy All Information It Can't Index

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by lord_neo, Sep 2, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Google Plans To Destroy All Information It Can't Index

Executives at Google, the rapidly growing online-search company that promises to "organize the world's information," announced Monday the latest step in their expansion effort: a far-reaching plan to destroy all the information it is unable to index.

"Our users want the world to be as simple, clean, and accessible as the Google home page itself," said Google CEO Eric Schmidt at a press conference held in their corporate offices. "Soon, it will be."

The new project, dubbed Google Purge, will join such popular services as Google Images, Google News, and Google Maps, which catalogs the entire surface of the Earth using high-resolution satellites.

As a part of Purge's first phase, executives will destroy all copyrighted materials that cannot be searched by Google.

"A year ago, Google offered to scan every book on the planet for its Google Print project. Now, they are promising to burn the rest," John Battelle wrote in his widely read "Searchblog." "Thanks to Google Purge, you'll never have to worry that your search has missed some obscure book, because that book will no longer exist. And the same goes for movies, art, and music."

"Book burning is just the beginning," said Google co-founder Larry Page. "This fall, we'll unveil Google Sound, which will record and index all the noise on Earth. Is your baby sleeping soundly? Does your high-school sweetheart still talk about you? Google will have the answers."

https://www.theonion.com/content/node/40076

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

sleep dude .. sleep ..

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Google is now scaring our a.s.s.es out..!!:p:...What are they gonna do..I wonder..!!

@neo...yeah u shud sleep..

4. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Google seems to me like Skynet in T3: Rise of the Machines!

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

^ lol !!!!!
    hahahahahaha !!
    nice 1 !

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

Blasphemy ... this is blasphemy ...

7. shak

shak Harrr!

and the gooogle obsession continues ...

8. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Nobody, and I mean nobody has the right to destroy any information unless they own it.

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

This one cracks me up....

:boff:

This shows us how important it is for google to lose its monopoly, right now they have way too much power.

:shock: